Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pulled up to a light, a few moments later a new ZL1 pulled up next to me. I thought No way he’s going to race. He gave a rev and I knew it was on. Flipped the switch over to track light turned green and I waited Just to make sure he was going to go. He hits it and he spun a little and hooked up and was out about a car on me by the time I even Touched the gas. I hit It hard and spun all the way through first gear. But at this point I was Already even with him by the time I was At 100 I was 5 lengths ahead and shut it down. He did a little bit of a ricer fly by and I seen The 2018 temp tags on it 😂. At the next light he rolled down his window and was asking what the hell was done to the hawk. I told Him it was stock and he kept saying holy crap. I will Let him figure out at a later date that it’s a S1025 hawk on e85. Until then he will question everything 😂😂

·
Registered
130 Posts
Thats a great kill :) although I think even our tweaked to max 1025 kits would get handled by a pullied/tuned/e85 zl1 from a roll. dig race would depend if he could drive/hook up

·
Registered
412 Posts
Yeah, no way a stock TH pulls a stock ZL1 to 100+. Those things with the 10-speed are about 1/2 a car behind us to 60, and from there they will start to pull away.

Good kill!

·
Registered
130 Posts
S1025 kit is amazing!! Truly wakes up the beast. WAY and i mean WAY fatster than stock in all aspects. Reliability is great so far

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Very good read on here.

S1025 TrackHawk package talk about a Wolf in Sheep's clothing. You will clean just about any and everybody's clock with this package. Especially on the street. Poor guy in the Camaro is for surely still shaking his head in disbelief.

Keep up the great stories video's and your track times.

Sincerely
Scott

·
Registered
130 Posts
Totally agree Scott! However, that same ZL1 would make short work of the 1025 if it were also tuned to the same level. I think those guys are getting well into the low 9's

emericr, just shoot me a pm and happy to reply

·
Registered
168 Posts
Totally agree Scott! However, that same ZL1 would make short work of the 1025 if it were also tuned to the same level. I think those guys are getting well into the low 9's

No matter the power They will have trouble putting it down on the street. To Scott’s point “on the street” there isn’t much that is going to give you a good race from light to light (1/8mi). Prepped tires, warm pavement, thing start to improve for RWD but I just don’t see any RWDs getting the drop on a TH. If you do get to race one that is capable of nines just be glad you’re out front off the line for when he gets all squirrelly. :grin2:

I was watching some GTR footage tonight and this guy had trouble getting all 1000 HP to connect to the street. And that’s AWD but lighter. I bet he was easy nines on the track.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I have two Corvettes sitting in my garage that hit 138-140mph in the 1/4 mile. Mid-10s on a radial tire...mid-9 second capable type car from a roll. There is no chance of them beating one of these modded TH's to 60 or 80mph. I don't think either will do 0-60 in 3.1 seconds or so... if they do, its because they finally hook well-enough (not great) at 30mph or so and then make up the time.

It is nearly impossible to beat one of these _consistently_ stoplight to stoplight. With the 1025 package seeing 0-60s in the mid-2s, I would take the TH 90 of 100 times, if not 99 out of 100.

·
Premium Member
341 Posts

Very true on that. I also monitor several other forums and have yet to see anyone have a TrackHawk kill story. I am sure they are out there.I just have not run accross that subject. AWD on the TrackHawk really seems to have a huge advantage on the street. Our customer TrackHawk 707 just won an event at Milan Dragway this weekend no prep arm drop he had a Tesla get out on him pretty good but TrackHawk came out with the win.

I've got a 9.40 Grand National and I might be hesitant to run a S1025 package TrackHawk on the street. Just cause spinning is not winning.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts