Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

I'm looking into buying a brand new leftover 2018 TH sometime between now and the end of the year. I'm seeing the more expensive $97K+ TH have discounts of up to $15K, but the cheaper $92K and below don't have anything near $15K off. I'm trying to work the dealers but haven't had any success so far. What has worked for you guys? Also, do you think its worth waiting until closer to the end of the year to purchase a 2018 TH new? Will the price keep dropping or will they stay stuck until someone buys them?

·
Registered
412 Posts
So, you're at $82k on a $97k MSRP vehicle? That's a solid deal for a leftover '18. What would make you happy on the cheaper $92k TH? $80k? Or are you stuck on getting $15k off that one?

In the end, it comes down to what you can afford, and we all respect that. There's a level of pain each of us is willing to absorb. I bought my '18 in May of '18, so I didn't get anywhere close to this kind of deal, but I've also been driving my TH for 14 months. (FWIW, mine was a lower option one as well, and I was $4k under MSRP and comfortable with that at the time).

It sounds like you know what you're doing and what you want, so it just depends on how much 'hardball' you're willing to play. Is the $92k TH at the same dealership as the $97k one? If so, it's a pretty straight-forward negotiation. I'd tell 'em $15k off the lower priced truck and you're ready to sign. :) if they are at different dealers, then its a little harder, but the same strategy can work. Give them your number, tell them you're buying someone's left over '18 within the next month. You probably already realize their margin on the cheaper vehicle is less than on the more expensive one, so maybe you can't get quite $15k off the cheaper one, but heck $13-14k off is still nice... and you're driving it now, not waiting another 3-4 months for something that may, or may not, be available by then.

Good luck!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Those $97K and $92K are MSRP. I'm looking to get $15K off the $92K ones to be in the ballpark of around $77K or lower. I am wondering if these prices will go a little bit lower once we hit November and December but I am really wanting to pull the trigger soon. I've also looked at used THs but the thought of buying a used one that has been abused by someone other than me and my wife makes my stomach churn....

·
Registered
218 Posts
We just purchased our TH last week at a great deal. It is a leftover 18, Rhino and $93k retail. Got it out the door for $77k, but had to travel to Kansas to get it, about a 600 mile drive one way.

Reactions: WA 2 FST

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow what a deal... Can I ask how you did this? If not comfortable maybe a private message? 16K off MSRB, that is amazing.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Congrats on the deal.

Up here in Canuck-land, I recently picked up a 2018 Diamond Black TH at a similar (but not as good) discount ($130,000 MSRP, purchased for $105,000)

·
Registered
218 Posts
Wow what a deal... Can I ask how you did this? If not comfortable maybe a private message? 16K off MSRB, that is amazing.

It all boiled down to them having it for a little over a year and wanting to off load it really. The negotiations went smooth. They brought in a white TH before mine and it sold within a few months, so they figured another would do the same and ordered mine and it just sat. It was a really small town with lower income.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How did you get the OTD price 77K? I am getting "stealerships" to quote me initial prices of 78K, then I request the full write up OTD price and it shoots up to 86-87K. I feel like I'm getting played and getting no where in my negotiations, although it has only been a few days...

·
Super Moderator
1,420 Posts
you want a built used one? there is a n insane one up for sale right now. no idea his price but Id guess 80 to 85K it was a 100K new sticker and he has 30K in it. all the right parts built right. If this was an option when I was looking def would of got this one no doubt. its Red let me know if interested I will figure a way to hook you guys up.

·
Registered
582 Posts
you want a built used one? there is a n insane one up for sale right now. no idea his price but Id guess 80 to 85K it was a 100K new sticker and he has 30K in it. all the right parts built right. If this was an option when I was looking def would of got this one no doubt. its Red let me know if interested I will figure a way to hook you guys up.

You taking 1badtrackhawk? If so, he wants $130k, which is just a stupid price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi folks,

I'm looking into buying a brand new leftover 2018 TH sometime between now and the end of the year. I'm seeing the more expensive $97K+ TH have discounts of up to $15K, but the cheaper $92K and below don't have anything near $15K off. I'm trying to work the dealers but haven't had any success so far. What has worked for you guys? Also, do you think its worth waiting until closer to the end of the year to purchase a 2018 TH new? Will the price keep dropping or will they stay stuck until someone buys them?
First of all the mark up/invoice/margin isn't the same on a $97K truck or a $92K truck ...$15K off either is just bad math ............ on your part.

I was elated on my second one to get it for $80K on a $99K Trackhawk..I still had to pay tax.

Dealer showed me they took a hit BELOW his rock bottom cost.. after holdback/floorplan/his cost....

They lost money period. They just wanted it gone.

Some dealers just want to get stuff off the lot.

They said they would never over a scec Trackhawk again unless it was a customer order with a big down payment.

·
Registered
218 Posts
How did you get the OTD price 77K? I am getting "stealerships" to quote me initial prices of 78K, then I request the full write up OTD price and it shoots up to 86-87K. I feel like I'm getting played and getting no where in my negotiations, although it has only been a few days...

Like I said, they wanted it gone and they took a hefty hit on it. It was eating into their profit just sitting on the lot. The deals are out there, you just have to hunt them down.

·
Super Moderator
225 Posts
78 to an OTD price of 86 or 87 makes sense. You are going to pay 6k in tax alone.
That's going to vary a lot by location.

When I purchased mine the sale price was $88,450, the total out the door with tax, title, registration, dealer doc fees, everything, was $91,300.

But even if he is in an area where $6K in taxes is to be expected, another $2K in dealer "Processing / Documentation" or other "Fees" is insane.

·
Registered
218 Posts
That's going to vary a lot by location.

When I purchased mine the sale price was $88,450, the total out the door with tax, title, registration, dealer doc fees, everything, was $91,300.

But even if he is in an area where $6K in taxes is to be expected, another $2K in dealer "Processing / Documentation" or other "Fees" is insane.

They must have put on that sweet undercoating and tinted the rear windows. That is what one dealer in Louisville, KY tried telling me the added $2300 cost was for. LOL

·
Super Moderator
225 Posts
They must have put on that sweet undercoating and tinted the rear windows. That is what one dealer in Louisville, KY tried telling me the added $2300 cost was for. LOL
Hah , at first I thought, wow, thats some pricey tint for two windows, but then I re-read your statement and noticed you said "tinted REAR windows".... Wow, love it.

I would have been tempted to tell them I did not want those tinted so go ahead and take it off, and I want to watch them do it... :grin2:

Reactions: Spoolin

·
Registered
218 Posts
Hah , at first I thought, wow, thats some pricey tint for two windows, but then I re-read your statement and noticed you said "tinted REAR windows".... Wow, love it.

I would have been tempted to tell them I did not want those tinted so go ahead and take it off, and I want to watch them do it... :grin2:

That would have been hilarious!

·
Super Moderator
1,420 Posts
We just purchased our TH last week at a great deal. It is a leftover 18, Rhino and $93k retail. Got it out the door for $77k, but had to travel to Kansas to get it, about a 600 mile drive one way.
77K out the door on a brand new TH? I have to see the contract on this. take a picture and post it please. thats like 25-27K off someone made a mistake hopefully not you. 77K plus tax and Lic is still a screaming deal but 77K OTD is someones job if so. or it was a buy back - test drive car something not normal.

·
Super Moderator
1,420 Posts
You taking 1badtrackhawk? If so, he wants $130k, which is just a stupid price.

not sure is board name I seen it on Facebook is it Red? this guy knows he wont get 90K hes not asking 130K or if he is he changed his mind on Facebook. its a built stoker motor with S1025 package. If I didnt have mine already I would of tried to buy it in the 80Ks somewhere.
I will go find it if someone is interested? or anyone can look it up on the FB page

·
Registered
582 Posts
not sure is board name I seen it on Facebook is it Red? this guy knows he wont get 90K hes not asking 130K or if he is he changed his mind on Facebook. its a built stoker motor with S1025 package. If I didnt have mine already I would of tried to buy it in the 80Ks somewhere.

I will go find it if someone is interested? or anyone can look it up on the FB page

No, this guy is on IG and it’s black, built motor by EMP, touts it as fastest TH. Went 9.1 I think. Wants $130

1 - 20 of 25 Posts