Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All -

Recently joined the forum after snagging a 2020 'Hawk. A fan of the Jeep since launched and have been waiting for the right moment to make a move. After looking throughout Texas (based in DFW), I was able to find a black-on-black in Houston (pictures below). Thoroughly enjoyed every moment of driving thus far and looking forward to being a part of the community.

Attachments

·
Registered
346 Posts
Welcome to the board from another Texan.... My first TH was black on black too... (Have a red one now) Just a suggestion but you might want to get a good ceramic coating on it as soon as possible. Mine suffered from some paint fading within the first year. Other than that I liked the color combination.

Congratulations and have fun.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Congrats on the black beast, and welcome to the forum.

Did you get the metal pedal covers that it's supposed to have? They're dealer-installed, is my understanding.
Didn't see them in your pix.

·
Registered
48 Posts
welcome! Wow there are a lot of us Texans here, especially DFW! We should set up a get together!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Oh that's good to know. I pick my 2020 up tomorrow. Better have those pedal covers on! BlackTrack - interested in clarifying this. Assume there's no charge for it? I don't see if listed on my window sticker co tanks for pointing it out. I'm getting it coated and tinted Friday too! Can't wait. Cheers everyone!

·
Super Moderator
1,001 Posts

Did you get the metal pedal covers that it's supposed to have? They're dealer-installed, is my understanding.
good call my dealer tried to jack mine and I have read a few other also.

·
Super Moderator
1,001 Posts
Oh that's good to know. I pick my 2020 up tomorrow. Better have those pedal covers on! BlackTrack - interested in clarifying this. Assume there's no charge for it? I don't see if listed on my window sticker co tanks for pointing it out. I'm getting it coated and tinted Friday too! Can't wait. Cheers everyone!
they are not on sticker. they put the pedals on when they do the lic plate etc. my dealer didnt have mine and I read a few other guys didnt have either. we all found out from forms like this,lol they might fool some of us but if we stick together then cant get us all.
it will be gas and brake pedal from factory. later I can link you to the dead pedal and ebrake off ebay that will complete the whole thing.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Yes, the metal covers are for the gas and brake pedals, but not the parking brake pedal.

They are included with the price of the TH. If they try to up-sell you on them, call bull*hit.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mine were under the cover in the rear cargo area, in a box next to the spare tire. Dealer didn’t even know they were there...lol

·
Registered
143 Posts
Mine were under the cover in the rear cargo area, in a box next to the spare tire. Dealer didn’t even know they were there...lol
Wish my dealer hadn't known. They installed them, but only left the brake pedal rubber one for me, so I can't remove the fancy ones.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you everyone for the warm welcome - excited to be a part of the community!

Welcome to the board from another Texan.... My first TH was black on black too... (Have a red one now) Just a suggestion but you might want to get a good ceramic coating on it as soon as possible. Mine suffered from some paint fading within the first year. Other than that I liked the color combination.

Congratulations and have fun.
Thank you for the recommendation! Had one put on this week. The detail shop who performed it said there were already imperfections and it hasn't even been 6 weeks.

Good call - didn't even know this was a dealer-installed part - I'll check the rear cargo area to see if they're there.

welcome! Wow there are a lot of us Texans here, especially DFW! We should set up a get together!
+1 for a DFW GTG!
All for a DFW GTG :nerd:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts