Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased: GTC EV CATBACK W/ X-PIPE w/o tips

Recently bought a new GT HAUS! Super excited... but im surprised that I have to install the Quick Time Performance Valves. Its a alot of work and lining up the valves to make sure they open up is difficult to say the least without power.

For a super expensive system you would think there would be instructions with it or COME ATTACHED FROM FACTORY.

its not 100% flush... its like 97%. If i shine light at where the muffler and the piping meet the valve inserts some light shines through... which could be a problem. I've tried for hours to readjust them. Why couldn't a product that i spent 1000s on come installed from factory from their team.

Pretty infuriating. My XFORCE VAREX exhaust from my SRT came all together. Install was a breeze and it was like $2000.

Going to reach out Monday to see if they have any literature or videos I can reference.

Any GT HAUS owners able to chime in? I know once everything is lined up and stuff it will be worth it... but yeah... It doesnt say anything about those valves manually being installed. Just a photo for reference on their site.

Also What is the function of that toggle switch?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,782 Posts
Don’t have one but I’d think the switch controls those valves in the exhaust. I’d pay someone to install that get haus. My Borla was a breeze though

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don’t have one but I’d think the switch controls those valves in the exhaust. I’d pay someone to install that get haus. My Borla was a breeze though
Yeah I will take it to a shop soon. Going to have them install springs, exhaust, and perhaps a tune.

The switch is interesting cuz i have a remote to open/close valves. so really unsure what the switch does lol.

·
Registered
75 Posts
The switch is interesting cuz i have a remote to open/close valves. so really unsure what the switch does lol.

Just spitballing...is the switch possibly the extra part available on the GTC (VC) which has vacuum control? I don't know much about that system, but I think it uses the vehicle's vacuum to hold the valve open at any selected position (open, closed, and anywhere in between). I could be wrong. Just throwing this out as a possibility.

·
Super Moderator
1,782 Posts
My guess is it’s a manual override, full open or close. They’re electric motors as far as I know.

·
Registered
130 Posts
The valves are actually fairly easy to install. You can put them in loosely and route the power and ground up through a grommet in the spare tire well. Make the power connections then use the remote to actuate the flapper. With the flappers open, you can align the valve body and tighten the bolts. Lastly, you can program the open and close buttons to your homelink buttons if you like.

·
Registered
71 Posts
The switch is the default method for opening/closing the valves unless you get the wireless controller. Were there any gaskets to go between the piping and the valve? I had a GT Haus on my 300, I had to replace one of the valves and agree that they are a pain to get lined up correctly. I don't think I ever got it right.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Is the GTHAUS compatible with Tow Package? Do I need to use my OEtips or can I use theirs? I notice they have a sale going on and have a Black Edition now. I’m wanting to jump on this finally.
Thanks in advance 👍🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

1 - 9 of 9 Posts