Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys/gals just picked up my new to me 2018 Rhino hawk. Loving this thing already! I traded in my Raptor and am so glad to have a daily that’s fast and handles well again. I am from Dallas Texas but I’m in Cali most of the time since I work out here. I have a 2014 Whippled wk2 that puts out 690 at all 4 wheels and I love it but its hard to daily since its pretty aggressive. The Hawk is really nice as a daily. I hope to get to know all of you well!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the gang. U picked the right color.
Thanks! It was the only color for me. Took forever to find one with the deal/options I wanted that was slightly used.

·
Super Moderator
1,711 Posts
Looks like it’s already lowered. Get you some gorilla lug nuts if you don’t like the chrome ones. You plan on modifying?

·
Registered
187 Posts
And Powerstop Z23 brake pads if it doesn't already have them.

Welcome aboard.

·
Super Moderator
1,001 Posts
what color interior? the ruby red would look nice in there I think at least lol.
what Raptor did you swap for the hawk? I got rid of 2014 whipple stage 2 raptor. there are a lot of guy dumping raptors for the TH. Where at in CA. I am in Sacramento with 2 other guys and we have a San jose guy also (NorCal)

·
Registered
473 Posts
Congrats on the Rhino beast, and welcome to the speed party!

·
Super Moderator
1,001 Posts
Welcome to the club. My DD is a 2013 Roush Raptor. 590 HP, but nothing like the TH. Enjoy your new ride.
Are you on FRF website at all?

I went to get the new Raptor and just couldnt like it. Looks I love but the fact the play fake motor noise even though I couldnt tell it was fake just bothered me bad. that and I knew the new one wouldnt be as fast as my 2014. I left the dealership all said not knowing what to do when my buddy told my the trackhawks were 13K off sticker. that made it just cheap enough for me to get one. I am glad I did but I miss that truck a lil bit, I am hoping something crazy comes out next. I also hate the fact that every 2 seconds I see a new Raptor going down the road. Never seen another with my 14.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Are you on FRF website at all?

I went to get the new Raptor and just couldnt like it. Looks I love but the fact the play fake motor noise even though I couldnt tell it was fake just bothered me bad. that and I knew the new one wouldnt be as fast as my 2014. I left the dealership all said not knowing what to do when my buddy told my the trackhawks were 13K off sticker. that made it just cheap enough for me to get one. I am glad I did but I miss that truck a lil bit, I am hoping something crazy comes out next. I also hate the fact that every 2 seconds I see a new Raptor going down the road. Never seen another with my 14.
Yes - I was on the Raptor board, but have not been there in a while. Just to busy I guess. Plus, mine is a daily driver and was not interested in modding it at all. Mine is the extended cab fully loaded in Terrain. I still get lots of looks and thumbs up, especially from kids! After sorting out some issues the first couple of years its been and still is a good truck. I can surprise a lot of cars!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Congrats and I agree this color makes the beast even more unique. It took me as well quite a bit of time to find mine (wanted black wheels with upgraded black interior and tow package). They only made about 300 Rhino. How is yours equipped?
FYI you can buy the Dodge black lug nuts for $20 so no need to spend $150 on this item. It left me more money to spend it on mods and with over 1,000hp it's truly amazing on streets

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looks like it’s already lowered. Get you some gorilla lug nuts if you don’t like the chrome ones. You plan on modifying?
I think it’s still stock ride height. Yeah the chrome lugs need to go for sure! I’m looking at some packages from Demon, Forza etc so I’m hoping to get some advice from you guys. I did a full build on my SRT so I have some experience but the Hawk is a different beast.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
And Powerstop Z23 brake pads if it doesn't already have them.

Welcome aboard.
For sure all that brake dust on yellow calipers is horrible!

Reactions: Spoolin

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
what color interior? the ruby red would look nice in there I think at least lol.
what Raptor did you swap for the hawk? I got rid of 2014 whipple stage 2 raptor. there are a lot of guy dumping raptors for the TH. Where at in CA. I am in Sacramento with 2 other guys and we have a San jose guy also (NorCal)
Interior is the black alcantara suede. Same as I had in my SRT and it’s the one I prefer. I like the full leather but I daily mine and drive crazy so I need it to stay put... Traded a 2017 Gen2 Raptor for it. I’m in San Jose also! We should all meet up some weekend.

Reactions: ROCKETW19

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Congrats and I agree this color makes the beast even more unique. It took me as well quite a bit of time to find mine (wanted black wheels with upgraded black interior and tow package). They only made about 300 Rhino. How is yours equipped?
FYI you can buy the Dodge black lug nuts for $20 so no need to spend $150 on this item. It left me more money to spend it on mods and with over 1,000hp it's truly amazing on streets
Thanks! It has sunroof, Harman Kardon, black suede. No tow package yet but I will add it soon just in case I need it.

What shop/package did you go with?

·
Super Moderator
1,001 Posts
Yes - I was on the Raptor board, but have not been there in a while. Just to busy I guess. Plus, mine is a daily driver and was not interested in modding it at all. Mine is the extended cab fully loaded in Terrain. I still get lots of looks and thumbs up, especially from kids! After sorting out some issues the first couple of years its been and still is a good truck. I can surprise a lot of cars!
I think the extended can looks best. dont work best for me at least but looks best. Terrain is a cool color also post a picture some day Id like to see it.

·
Super Moderator
1,001 Posts
Interior is the black alcantara suede. Same as I had in my SRT and it’s the one I prefer. I like the full leather but I daily mine and drive crazy so I need it to stay put... Traded a 2017 Gen2 Raptor for it. I’m in San Jose also! We should all meet up some weekend.
you ever get up to Sacramento raceway? we can get the local TH guys to meet up there some day. A local guy who owns a shop and board member just won some truck drags this weekend Idint go had kids Bday but looked like a good turn out

1 - 20 of 24 Posts