Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,289 Posts
I’ve got a legmaker and the craftsmanship is great. There weren’t many options to choose from when I purchased it. I noticed my IAT reading went up slightly since installing and I no longer see the temp drop when I stand on it like it did when using the stock air box. If I were to do it again, I’d get one that separates the filter from the engine bay. I’ll probably fab something up once I do the build on it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Legmaker or JLT. No tune needed for this one. It just helps the engine breathe better. The JLT has the divider Lil Hemi mentioned wanting.

·
Registered
267 Posts
DDR makes a great unit that is like the Jlt but real carbon fiber, and seals better to the hood with a nicer filter. Livernois makes a mostly enclosed sheetmetal box for their unit.

None of them will require a tune. all of them will increase blower whine.

Reactions: craigr

·
Registered
113 Posts
Welcome to the forum...got a Legmaker and wouldnt have anything else...proven at the track where it counts...installed a Legmaker on every vehicle I have had since 2010..

·
Registered
99 Posts
2018 trackhawk. Wanted a new cold air intake. whats the best option without tuning. And does anyone have any for sale
Any of them work. It's just a matter of which one you like the looks of better. I tested the JLT, LMI and AFE on my Hellcat. The HP was within a couple as well as the torque. They were all louder than stock with regards to the supercharger noise, however the AFE was the quietest.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I’ve got a legmaker and the craftsmanship is great. There weren’t many options to choose from when I purchased it. I noticed my IAT reading went up slightly since installing and I no longer see the temp drop when I stand on it like it did when using the stock air box. If I were to do it again, I’d get one that separates the filter from the engine bay. I’ll probably fab something up once I do the build on it.
I’m getting exactly the same with my DDR intake, intake temp has increased at idle/coasting but does drop again when accelerating. Higher IAT temps than standard air box but it does let you hear the supercharger.

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Here at Livernois Motorsports we offer a great upgraded cold air intake.

Our cai is fully in cased trying to keep as much of the hot engine bay air from getting in there and also with the shielded box the supercharger whine is not super obnoxious. We also draw air in from two spots the factory inlet under the air box and also removing the trap door under the hood on the drivers front inlet under the hood. No matter who's CAI you run a new tune is not nec. when you do a CAI on the TrackHawk.

Feel free to pm me or call text or e-mail.

Sincerely
Scott
Office 313-561-5500 ext 122
Cell 313-213-0273
E-mail [email protected]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts