Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

New member here but not yet a new owner! I'm saving up for a new house in spring 2021 and plan to get a used 2018 Trackhawk a day after moving in. Then on day 2 I plan to drive to Livernois and have a package installed, at this point leaning toward S1025, but who knows where the mod market will be 1.5 years from now. I'm hoping to use you guys as the guinea pig to learn about where the stock motor/tranny limitations are and what the cheapest/most reliable mod path is. I know using the word 'mod' and 'reliable' in the same sentence is an oxymoron:)

I'm hoping to get a relatively low mileage 2018 for around $50k or less in spring 2021 and will have $10k in mod money to play around with. Sorry I'm not rich like you guys buying a $100k brand new vehicle :wink2: . I am seeing low mileage 2018's go for high $60k right now, so hopeful to find one at my price target in 2021.

I'm not new to the mod world, I got my first bite back in 2001 with a Jetta 1.8T that I got around 250whp with bolt-ons at the time. Then I had a 2003 Evo that did a little over 500whp on a mustang heart-breaker dyno. Sold the evo 3 years ago to get something cheap and reliable to save up for a better house in 2021, so I've been driving a base model 2016 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 4-cylinder with an amazing 187hp. :surprise: .

I'm itching to get back to the speed-levels of the evo, but with the sleeper/luxury of an every-day SUV. I'll be debadging the Jeep and would also like the yellow break calipers to be painted black. Nobody needs to know how fast my car is except for me and my victims in the passenger seat. I always debadge my cars and 'sleepify' them... always use stock wheels, zero external upgrades - All go, no show.

So I'll be lurking around the forums for the next 1.5 years learning from you guys and asking some questions along the way.

Cheers!

·
Registered
2018 ivory tri coat trackhawk
37 Posts
Hi all,

New member here but not yet a new owner! I'm saving up for a new house in spring 2021 and plan to get a used 2018 Trackhawk a day after moving in. Then on day 2 I plan to drive to Livernois and have a package installed, at this point leaning toward S1025, but who knows where the mod market will be 1.5 years from now. I'm hoping to use you guys as the guinea pig to learn about where the stock motor/tranny limitations are and what the cheapest/most reliable mod path is. I know using the word 'mod' and 'reliable' in the same sentence is an oxymoron:)

I'm hoping to get a relatively low mileage 2018 for around $50k or less in spring 2021 and will have $10k in mod money to play around with. Sorry I'm not rich like you guys buying a $100k brand new vehicle :wink2: . I am seeing low mileage 2018's go for high $60k right now, so hopeful to find one at my price target in 2021.

I'm not new to the mod world, I got my first bite back in 2001 with a Jetta 1.8T that I got around 250whp with bolt-ons at the time. Then I had a 2003 Evo that did a little over 500whp on a mustang heart-breaker dyno. Sold the evo 3 years ago to get something cheap and reliable to save up for a better house in 2021, so I've been driving a base model 2016 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 4-cylinder with an amazing 187hp. :surprise: .

I'm itching to get back to the speed-levels of the evo, but with the sleeper/luxury of an every-day SUV. I'll be debadging the Jeep and would also like the yellow break calipers to be painted black. Nobody needs to know how fast my car is except for me and my victims in the passenger seat. I always debadge my cars and 'sleepify' them... always use stock wheels, zero external upgrades - All go, no show.

So I'll be lurking around the forums for the next 1.5 years learning from you guys and asking some questions along the way.

Cheers!

·
Registered
2018 ivory tri coat trackhawk
37 Posts
Hello everyone, new member here. Just wanted to thank you all for all the great info out here. I’ve been reading the posts on this forum for months and it has greatly helped with my research. I now officially own a trackhawk so I figured I would join. I have a 2018 with 15k. It only came with one key fob, I heard I can buy another and program it myself. Does anyone have any info on that? Thanks

·
Registered
201 Posts
I know you can purchase another key fob, but not sure you can program yourself. I'll check with my son-in-law (an FCA tech) but I believe the dealer has to do it, and you have to bring in the existing Fob and your title (proof of ownership) for them to program them to your vehicle.

·
Registered
201 Posts
He said there are third party programmer's that can probably program the new fob, however with an existing fob out there somewhere you should probably go to the dealer. They'll charge you 1/2 hour and reprogram both keys so the original "lost" key will no longer function - just in case. The original can only be used to mechanically open the door and no other functions.

·
Registered
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
32 Posts
Hi all,

Cheers!
Is there a tune shop in your area you trust? Orange county newburgh here

1 - 7 of 7 Posts