Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Very excite. Should be to my dealer tomorrow. Not sure exactly when i'm picking it up as time is my enemy.

I had a 2010 GC SRT8 and it was my favorite DD ever. Looking forward to keeping the TH for the long haul and i'm going to do everything humanly possible to retain my warranty. Anyone know how Jeep is dealing with warranty regarding simple bolt ons like Intake/catch can/exhaust?

TH is white with black wheels. Upgraded Audio, interior, and moonroof. Going to de-badge it the day i pick it up.

Cheers.

·
Banned
362 Posts
Welcome aboard. I had a couple of GC SRT's before the TH... The SRT's were pretty badass, but this thing is a different beast. It's actually very well behaved as a daily driver but is an absolute monster when you want it to be. I've had mine almost a year now and have put over 25k miles on it. Zero problems, except that it eats tires. I still smile when I put my foot in it... So I smile a lot. 0:)
No experience with Jeeps warranty and modified vehicles. Matter of fact, no experience at all with Jeep and their warranty. Never had any of mine in the shop.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome aboard. I had a couple of GC SRT's before the TH... The SRT's were pretty badass, but this thing is a different beast. It's actually very well behaved as a daily driver but is an absolute monster when you want it to be. I've had mine almost a year now and have put over 25k miles on it. Zero problems, except that it eats tires. I still smile when I put my foot in it... So I smile a lot. 0:)
awesome and thanks. when you go through tires...are you sticking with OEM or using something different. I noticed the other day that the DWS 06 comes in the TH sizing. i would figure that would be a no brainer if one was to move away from the OEM tires.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Welcome, and congrats!

Love your garage. I'd seriously like to add an RS7 to my collection someday! As cool as the cars are in your garage, I will be interested to see how much attention your TH gets after you've had it for 6 months or so. I can tell you... I drive my 750hp Vettes a lot less. The TH is just a great all-around vehicle (except for gas mileage, but you and I aren't concerned about that too much...LOL).

As far as tires, if you get the 3-season ones, you will enjoy them, but as has been said, they will be done quickly. I had a '15 GC SRT with the 3-seasons before moving to the TH, and the 3-seasons lasted 9500 miles, and I rotated them religiously. My TH came with the Pirelli All-Seasons, and after 4500 miles, they still look new, and I have no issue hammering on this thing. :) I expect to get nearly 20k out of them, which I think is excellent for a vehicle this heavy with this much power. I don't know anything about the DWS tires.

I really, really want to keep my warranty too, but it is hard. So tempting to at least do a pulley and tune, but that is sure to void the warranty. I think you will be fine with an intake and exhaust, but checking with your servicing dealer first is the best way to know.

Like you, I debadged mine literally 2 hours after getting it home. I put an SRT Hellcat badge on the rear in place of the Trackhawk badge, and got rid of all the "mess" on the sides. Much cleaner that way, IMHO.

Have fun!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome, and congrats!

Love your garage. I'd seriously like to add an RS7 to my collection someday! As cool as the cars are in your garage, I will be interested to see how much attention your TH gets after you've had it for 6 months or so. I can tell you... I drive my 750hp Vettes a lot less. The TH is just a great all-around vehicle (except for gas mileage, but you and I aren't concerned about that too much...LOL).

As far as tires, if you get the 3-season ones, you will enjoy them, but as has been said, they will be done quickly. I had a '15 GC SRT with the 3-seasons before moving to the TH, and the 3-seasons lasted 9500 miles, and I rotated them religiously. My TH came with the Pirelli All-Seasons, and after 4500 miles, they still look new, and I have no issue hammering on this thing. :) I expect to get nearly 20k out of them, which I think is excellent for a vehicle this heavy with this much power. I don't know anything about the DWS tires.

I really, really want to keep my warranty too, but it is hard. So tempting to at least do a pulley and tune, but that is sure to void the warranty. I think you will be fine with an intake and exhaust, but checking with your servicing dealer first is the best way to know.

Like you, I debadged mine literally 2 hours after getting it home. I put an SRT Hellcat badge on the rear in place of the Trackhawk badge, and got rid of all the "mess" on the sides. Much cleaner that way, IMHO.

Have fun!
Thanks for the post. i'm very excited for this vehicle. It has the all seasons. So i'm happy to get 1-2 years out of them.

My wife drives the RS7. It's an amazing vehicle. Just outstanding everywhere.

The Porsche is a manual and makes 670whp....so it's a very special car to drive. I hope to keep some seat time in it here and there....also my wife drives it to work in nice weather. The GTR makes over 1100whp...so it has it's own niche in my life too.

My initial thought was to put a catch can and intake on the truck. I'm reading that intakes alone are making 30-50whp with no other mods.....which seems insane for a pipe and filter. But if the dealer says no...i'll skip it.

All good. Thanks

·
Registered
412 Posts
My initial thought was to put a catch can and intake on the truck. I'm reading that intakes alone are making 30-50whp with no other mods.....which seems insane for a pipe and filter. But if the dealer says no...i'll skip it.

All good. Thanks
Like many of these intakes in performance-land, they may show gains on a stationary dyno with the hood up, but without tuning to optimize them, I have serious doubts about 30+whp from an intake alone. If there is any tangible gain had, my guess is 95% of it comes from the tune, not the pipe and filter.

Reactions: Rez90

·
Registered
157 Posts
Congrats on getting a TH. Invest in your preferred tire and fuel companies ;). I assume like all other brands it depends on your dealer and their appetite for customer service.

Mine is getting the Livernois S1025 treatment so powertrain warranty is out the door lol..

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Congrats on getting a TH. Invest in your preferred tire and fuel companies ;). I assume like all other brands it depends on your dealer and their appetite for customer service.

Mine is getting the Livernois S1025 treatment so powertrain warranty is out the door lol..
Yeah...say Buhbye.

Congrats though. Thing will be ridiculous.

·
Banned
362 Posts
awesome and thanks. when you go through tires...are you sticking with OEM or using something different. I noticed the other day that the DWS 06 comes in the TH sizing. i would figure that would be a no brainer if one was to move away from the OEM tires.
For my second set on the Trackhawk I stayed with the Pirelli's. I got something like 13 to 14k out of the first set. Now that I have a compact spare (thanks to TNCharger on this board) I'll probably try the Hankook's 295/45 R20 Ventus ST RH06. They are not run flats (so I needed the spare) but I had a set once before on one of my SRT's and liked them.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
For my second set on the Trackhawk I stayed with the Pirelli's. I got something like 13 to 14k out of the first set. Now that I have a compact spare (thanks to TNCharger on this board) I'll probably try the Hankook's 295/45 R20 Ventus ST RH06. They are not run flats (so I needed the spare) but I had a set once before on one of my SRT's and liked them.
for whatever it's worth....the Conti DWS06's are an amazing tire. I've purchased several sets over the years and they've always been very good in every condition including snow.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Jeep came in yesterday. Picking it up tomorrow.

VERY EXCITE

·
Registered
33 Posts
it's official.

Uconnect suggestions? thing is very complex

Congrats!!!! As far as UConnect, what kind of phone do you have? I have a Pixel 3xl and it was super intuitive once the blutooth connected to the vehicle. Just follow the prompts.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Congrats!!!! As far as UConnect, what kind of phone do you have? I have a Pixel 3xl and it was super intuitive once the blutooth connected to the vehicle. Just follow the prompts.
Congrats on the new Trackhawk and Welcome to the forum.

I agree with Face on the bluetooth connection to UConnect as I am using a iPhone 7S. You can always just do a quick search of the users guide from UConnect, that provides instructions.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts