Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Just bought an 8,000 mile '18. I love so much about the TH. But.....

1) Those run-flat tires are terrible. Twitchy and really bad at speed. Does anyone else have a comment about them? Solution?

2) Is there anything to do to muffle the whine from the SCharger?

Thnaks [email protected]!! Lottacars

·
Banned
362 Posts
I do agree, the Pirellis run-flats are terrible. The good news is if you have 8k miles on them now, you'll need to replace them before long. I've had several sets of the Pirelli's and typically only get 12 to 14k miles out of a set. They ride rough, don't handle that well and are expensive in comparison. I switched to Hankook Ventus ST RH06 and have had good luck with them. They are not run flats, X speed rated and ride and handle much better in my opinion. YMMV.

There are a number of threads about tire options on this site and others SRT/TH sites. Just do a search.

As far as the supercharge whine, I never thought it was annoying myself but after driving as much as I do, I don't even notice it anymore. I've heard of folks wanting to make it louder but not quieter.

Good luck and welcome to the forum.

·
Super Moderator
2,296 Posts
Maybe this one came with an intake already on it, that’s the only thing that comes to mind that would explain the noise. Maybe they removed that resonator if not the entire intake?

·
Registered
379 Posts
Hi all. Just bought an 8,000 mile '18. I love so much about the TH. But.....

1) Those run-flat tires are terrible. Twitchy and really bad at speed. Does anyone else have a comment about them? Solution?

Thnaks [email protected]!! Lottacars
Here is a thread on replacement tires:

https://www.jeeptrackhawk.org/forum/...ent-tires.html

At this moment I don’t need tires as i have only 3.5K on the TH. I also am not interested in replacement run flats or tracking the TH. After doing some research I would consider Michelin sport or continental extreme contact DWS.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts