Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to tell the Forum how elated I was to discover the site. The community has a great base of knowledgeable members.

My Daily driver back in the 80's was a 79 Full Size Cherokee Chief for 12 years. It was indestructible, and had allot of hard miles driving it to bridge jobsites from Philadelphia to Maine, Colorado, and up and down the entire East Coast. I still own it, and in a process of a Resto-Mod on it.

The last 5 years I've been driving a Porsche Turbo Cayenne. Great handling car, and 500hp make for a a real performer. Mechanically it hasn't held up well to using it as a jobsite vehicle doing allot of dirt road use. Porsche dealer told me car was never really intended to be used like that. My response was then why do you advertise it as off-road capable? Nonetheless, I'm due for a new ride, and with the interim introduction of the Cherokee SRT, and now the Trackhawk model I'm going back to Jeep! Strong Quadratrac system like my 79, insane torques, and great brakes sold me.

Delivery expected around Mid-June

- Pearl Blue/Sepia Interior: Tow Package, Premium Audio, Sunroof, Black Wheels.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Scottie

I'm going sleeper mode by removing emblems, but given the exhaust note of the TrackHawk don't think there's any hiding the fact of what it is.

Thanks again

Paul

·
Registered
412 Posts
Thanks Scottie

I'm going sleeper mode by removing emblems, but given the exhaust note of the TrackHawk don't think there's any hiding the fact of what it is.

Thanks again

Paul
Yep... gotta remove the emblems and badges. I did this within 5 hours of ownership. Just way too "busy" on the sides of the vehicle, and it looks so clean without them.

Welcome and congratulations. I haven't seen that color, so please post pics when you get it. My TH is silver because it is easy to keep clean as my daily... but my other 3 cars are all various shades of blue. :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I agree with the emblem removal completely. I prefer the exhaust note to do all the representation of the vehicle. Going to remove the badges with installation of protective film on whole TH seeing I'm going to be on construction sites the better part of the day with it. I will definitely post the photos to illustrate the Pearl Blue appearance. Thanks again

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just picked up the Trackhawk from the dealer last night (during local Tornadoes touching down). Had to move downed branches out of my way to get to the Dealer, but it was worth it. It's on it's way to get emblems removed, protective film wrap, ceramic coating, and front window tint installed.

As requested posting a couple of quick picks of what the "Pearl Blue" looks like before taking to the detailer.

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Guys. Honestly I like the deeper Blue color offered for the Trackhawk, but I think the Pearl Blue may show a little less of the dirt buildup than a deeper blue. I'm on dirt, and gravel access road allot over the course of the day.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I think I like it more than Rhino, but would love to compare the 2 in person some time.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts