Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tire Sky Wheel Vehicle Car
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

The car finally arrived from California earlier this week. 2020 with 17K miles. Bought from a friends brother so was a simple easy process and got a very fair price.

Overall in great shape but the brakes look like crap. Very faded.

I'm sure people have painted thoughts on repainting back to factory yellow or thinking might color match to the titanium wheels. Do not want red (too many SRT around) and I had one prior to this.

Eibach springs
COI
on order and will likely do a few more things but this will be a daily driver so not really going to mess with the engine

thanks in advance

J

·
Registered
311 Posts
Looks like caked on brake dust, mine get that way if I don’t wash them after a while if that’s the case maybe use S100 Cycle cleaner, works for me, if it’s really on there then maybe 3M rubbing compound will do the job.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Looks like caked on brake dust, mine get that way if I don’t wash them after a while if that’s the case maybe use S100 Cycle cleaner, works for me, if it’s really on there then maybe 3M rubbing compound will do the job.
Agreed - just a thorough cleaning will make them look new. And change your pads to Powerstops - A LOT less brake dust and they stay clean much longer.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Congrats and good looking TH other than the calipers. I would change the pads as others have suggested. Plenty of options to clean, wrap, powder coat or paint to your liking. I like the subtle mud flaps. Any idea on who made those?

·
Registered
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
116 Posts
View attachment 11441 View attachment 11442

The car finally arrived from California earlier this week. 2020 with 17K miles. Bought from a friends brother so was a simple easy process and got a very fair price.

Overall in great shape but the brakes look like crap. Very faded.

I'm sure people have painted thoughts on repainting back to factory yellow or thinking might color match to the titanium wheels. Do not want red (too many SRT around) and I had one prior to this.

Eibach springs
COI
on order and will likely do a few more things but this will be a daily driver so not really going to mess with the engine

thanks in advance

J
Buy a cover...easy clean....budget replacement....my opinion

·
Registered
311 Posts
Show me a pic, never seen a caliper cover. I guess you haven’t seen the very limited clearance between the rim and the front caliper on the TrackHaw, I mean, if you really want to get the caliper clean other than using soap and water or specialty sprays…… you gota take the rim off, and if you want to clean that supposed caliper cover, if it’ll fit, you will have to take the rim off to get to it. 🙄

·
Registered
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
116 Posts
Show me a pic, never seen a caliper cover. I guess you haven’t seen the very limited clearance between the rim and the front caliper on the TrackHaw, I mean, if you really want to get the caliper clean other than using soap and water or specialty sprays…… you gota take the rim off, and if you want to clean that supposed caliper cover, if it’ll fit, you will have to take the rim off to get to it. 🙄
There is a caliper cover for almost every car....

Attachments

·
Registered
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
116 Posts
There is a caliper cover for almost every car!
lmao we laugh at people with those things at car shows..They are the epitome of cheesy!!!!
Hey(shoulder shrug&lol) I've seen people go as far as painting them and putting there initials or nickname across the caliper....people will always do the most to stand out...me personally....i tint my windows & frint windshield & call it a day
lmao we laugh at people with those things at car shows..They are the epitome of cheesy!!!!
I dont go far as caliper paint or covers...i seen people go to the point of replacing the make of the caliper with there own initials...but i tint all my windows & call it a day!

·
Registered
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
116 Posts
There is a caliper cover for almost every car!

Hey(shoulder shrug&lol) I've seen people go as far as painting them and putting there initials or nickname across the caliper....people will always do the most to stand out...me personally....i tint my windows & frint windshield & call it a day

I dont go far as caliper paint or covers...i seen people go to the point of replacing the make of the caliper with there own initials...but i tint all my windows & call it a day!
I thought you mention you never seen a caliper cover hahaha...bro get your story straight hahaha 😆 are you sure you telling the truth or you want to be a wise guy hahaha...keep the forum pleasant 😉

·
Registered
311 Posts
I thought you mention you never seen a caliper cover hahaha...bro get your story straight hahaha 😆 are you sure you telling the truth or you want to be a wise guy hahaha...keep the forum pleasant 😉
I guess you are directing this at me? And you are calling me a liar? Who wants to be a wise guy now? And not keep the forum pleasant, I guess I hurt your feelings, sorry. I must not be as worldly as you cause up until you brought up caliper covers I’ve never heard of them nor seen them but now that you mentioned them I’m now in the know, I did search sites on them and non make them for the TrackHawk. I do have my story straight, I’ve never seen caliper covers. This is a TrackHawk forum and there are no caliper covers for the TrackHawk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Went to two dealers and they basically laughed at me. Contacted Mopar and they called local dealer to arrange a visit. I have actually started a warranty claim for the crazy fading. Only thing dealer did was take pictures basically sent to the Mopar senior rep for New England. Will see how it turns out

JLT COI ordered
Eibach springs
Bwoody suspension
Bwoody sway bar
Billet catch can
and a few other simple mods coming

1 - 19 of 19 Posts