Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Put in close to 400 miles under 5 days. This thing is addictive. Fresh from treating the car to an expensive spa, decided to take a drive along the South Bay peninsula(Ranch Palos Verdes CA). This is close to the whale watching point.

I have been varying my rpm’s after hitting the 300 mile threshold. Making sure I don’t exceed 5k rpm and braking aggressively.

Attachments

·
Registered
92 Posts
Nice. It took me one month to get to 500 mainly because of the snow around here. I have a feeling you are going to hit 500 today. Good luck.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Beautiful shot, looks like you've got some ideal routes for the TH. Anything you noticed that could use improvement on the long drive? What was your average mpg over the course of those 400 miles?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Beautiful shot, looks like you've got some ideal routes for the TH. Anything you noticed that could use improvement on the long drive? What was your average mpg over the course of those 400 miles?
Thanks.

I am averaging around 10mpg. Lol. I thought the SRT is atrocious. It might sound weird but there is no significant difference tooling around town if you drive it on sport mode or eco. The negligible difference did not make sense for me to engage eco, since it was taking the fun away from the driving experience.

On freeways cruising in auto mode is ideal. I was getting respectable numbers while cruising between 65-70 mph. I use eco only if there is heavy traffic.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Did some spirited driving in track mode after crossing the 500 mark. The exhaust sounds borderline violent and the whine is almost as loud as the hellcats in sport mode. I was really very pleasantly surprised with the amount of whine on rapid acceleration in track mode.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Surprised to see the lack of Trackhawk merchandise like caps/shirts. I have searched the web and Ebay but nada!! Any leads would be much appreciated.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts