Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a 2019 SRT that had an engine fire. Found a great deal on a 2020 Hawk with just 16K miles for 85K. Friend of the family so he was kind. He said he removed some piece and installed a "plug" to increase the supercharger noise. Any idea what he is talking about ? The piece he show me that was removed was a small plastic piece with maybe a 1"-2" hole

Car is being transported as I type this from california to rhode island and will have early next week

thanks and can't wait to start enjoying

·
Registered
'18 Rhino | Red Laguna
140 Posts
On the stock intake tube, there a silencer box designed from the factory to muffle the supercharger noise. Installing this plug makes it louder on acceleration. Look between the throtle body and airbox and you'll see it there.

·
Registered
'18 Rhino | Red Laguna
140 Posts
No performance change, just sound. I think a few people make it. It's just a round plug to fill a hole in a tube when removing the silencer.

·
Super Moderator
2,966 Posts
Thanks for the response. Any idea who makes this plug and does it change performance at all or just make louder ?
It is solely for the noise and you can probably pick up a rubber bung at Lowe’s. My best advice would be not to modify your jeep, you can read all about my money pit if you search lil Hemi build

·
Super Moderator
2,966 Posts
But what about the smiles per miles….has to be high
It’s been at the shop for a month to replace the fuel tank and now is having issues with fuel cutting out when making left turns. Has new tank, fuel pumps and passenger side sending unit and apparently is still doing it. When it works, it’s just a normal money pit of fuel and tires. Can you tell I’m bitter that I haven’t driven it in a month? I’m going through serious withdrawals and will have to get used to the power all over again. Don’t mind me, I just need my jeep back.

·
Registered
191 Posts
The plug you want is a fernco plumbing plug.
Pic of part is here. You will need a hose clamp as well. Easy to do and works great. No need to over engineer anything for this. It is very simple and works perfectly. I've used it for a couple of years now with no issues. Just recently got an AFE intake.

Camera accessory Font Cameras & optics Circle Auto part

·
Registered
77 Posts
This was one of the very first mods some of us did back in early 2018. If it's already there just leave it unless you are inclined to start the Jeep slippery slope of mods.

Reactions: Skltr

·
Registered
203 Posts
It is solely for the noise and you can probably pick up a rubber bung at Lowe’s. My best advice would be not to modify your jeep, you can read all about my money pit if you search lil Hemi build
Haha! Modifications to most high performance vehicles can be like gambling. You will a little and can stop with a small win, you just keep pushing until..... LOL I've been fortunate to stop on both my Benz and my Jeep. Let's say, I learned from the mistakes of others. : ). What some of you guys have done is damn cool. I just can't do it because I use my Hawk as a daily and enjoy the hell out it. Only mods have been a CAI (I love the sound of the charger) a Catch Can & new headlight boards. Oh, I also got rid of those damn dirty Brembo pads right away. Love the bite, hate the dirt.

·
Registered
31 Posts
It’s been at the shop for a month to replace the fuel tank and now is having issues with fuel cutting out when making left turns. Has new tank, fuel pumps and passenger side sending unit and apparently is still doing it. When it works, it’s just a normal money pit of fuel and tires. Can you tell I’m bitter that I haven’t driven it in a month? I’m going through serious withdrawals and will have to get used to the power all over again. Don’t mind me, I just need my jeep back.
Having read a lot of your posts and having marveled at your level of energy and enthusiasm as well as your savvy, I am a bit shocked at the above responses :oops:. Must say, some of this stuff about major mods and the resultant headaches leaves me shaking my head. My 2020 TH is and will remain, stock. Just another old guy's opinion. Best of luck with your adventures.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts