Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings everyone, my wife mentioned she wanted a family car, she wanted an SUV, (we have no kids yet) so after discovering the track hawk, it was a must have. I recently purchased a white track hawk with ruby red interior. We have had it for a few days since it was delivered. Haven't played with the launch control yet as I'm not quite at the 500 mile mark. Very close though. I opted to get the rear DVD system, has anyone tried putting a game console in it?

Will be purchasing an exhaust here very shorty. Looked at Solo, or GT Haus, I like the more aggressive side for sound, but having the option to close the valves for the wife to drive seems nice. Any tips or advice is greatly appreciated and its a pleasure to meet everyone.

·
Banned
362 Posts
Welcome to the forum... I agree the 500 mile marker may very well unlock launch control but the total break-in period is much longer. I didn't really start pushing mine until I had several thousand miles on it. (well maybe once after just 1000 >:)) I've also found that I get better times without using launch control anyway, but that's another discussion.

As I've mention before, you probably won't get your best times until you have at least 10k miles on the vehicle. I've noticed that on all my performance cars but maybe more so on the Trackhawk. Matter of fact, I got my best times "so far" after 20k miles. I can actually feel the difference.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts