Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,
I just got a new Track Hawk on the MLK holiday, but haven't had a chance to drive it much since it keeps snowing here in Reno. It's a 2018 in bright white with Red Leather int. when I picked it up it had 55 miles on it with 50 being quality control while it was at the factory; it has a tag on the window stating this and I'm under the impression it's there for life unless I take a razor to it. I wish it had four season tires but Jeep in Reno only had one and it has the extra cost three seasons tires on it so I know what I'll be doing next winter and I really wanted it. So far my luck hasn't been the best; driving it home I took a rock to the windshield and it cracked it. I was lucky I took it in asap and they fixed it more or less; it can only be seen if one knows where to look. the only other issue was with the lower valance trim next to the rear tire that was missing a rivet but they fixed it also. Other then that it seems like it will be fun; I traded in a Velvet Red Jeep SRT, but I decided to get what I really wanted and so here I am.

·
Banned
362 Posts
Congrads.... I haven't heard that the factory puts ~50 miles on the units for quality control. Maybe that's something new... I think mine had 7 or 8 miles on it when it came off the showroom floor over a year ago.

Don't worry to much about the type of tires since you'll be getting new ones in 10 to 12k miles. TH's eat tires just as quick as the GC SRT's.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The sticker states they can do up to 60 miles for quality control....

·
Registered
379 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the new Trackhawk. I also went with bright white but opted for the laguna black interior.

·
Registered
168 Posts
It does state that about mileage but honestly there are threads discussing and some people took delivery with 2 miles on it. Mine had 22 on the showroom and I’m living with the first 20 were joy rides from dealership staff.

Anyways, welcome to the club! Keep us posted on mods and issues.

·
Super Moderator
1,420 Posts
Hi all,
I just got a new Track Hawk on the MLK holiday, but haven't had a chance to drive it much since it keeps snowing here in Reno. It's a 2018 in bright white with Red Leather int. when I picked it up it had 55 miles on it with 50 being quality control while it was at the factory; it has a tag on the window stating this and I'm under the impression it's there for life unless I take a razor to it. I wish it had four season tires but Jeep in Reno only had one and it has the extra cost three seasons tires on it so I know what I'll be doing next winter and I really wanted it. So far my luck hasn't been the best; driving it home I took a rock to the windshield and it cracked it. I was lucky I took it in asap and they fixed it more or less; it can only be seen if one knows where to look. the only other issue was with the lower valance trim next to the rear tire that was missing a rivet but they fixed it also. Other then that it seems like it will be fun; I traded in a Velvet Red Jeep SRT, but I decided to get what I really wanted and so here I am.
learn something everyday, I had no clue they made 3 and 4 season tires? I have only noticed the Pzero and Pzero all season whats the other called? I have the all season with 500plus miles if you have the regular Pzeros and want these I will swap you? your only a 2 hour ride away Im in Roseville.
everyone says these tires go in 12K miles so I assume these are just like Pzero Corsa and IMO the best street tire made. super soft and will wear fast in this tank but you get the best grip out of any street tire I have tried.
Im super excited to try some racing tires this summer, I wont go drag radial I like to turn also but some good racing tires should be fun. hoping at least never ran any.

also had no clue they drive some of these for so many miles at the factory? mine didnt have the sticker. I wouldnt worrie about 50 miles your gonna do alot worse to it then they did,lol

·
Super Moderator
2,296 Posts
I’m so surprised that people buy these without knowing the options. The tow package, I kinda get because you just expect a vehicle to come with a spare tire. Each to their own about the rest I guess.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Exactly, it’s beyond me why FCA would not put a spare tire in if you didn’t get the tow option, so when you change your tires to non run flats and get a flat then I guess you’re crap out of luck, no bueno.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I’m so surprised that people buy these without knowing the options. The tow package, I kinda get because you just expect a vehicle to come with a spare tire. Each to their own about the rest I guess.
I knew all the options and what one could get, but when there are so few unless traveling is not an issue I had to get what was here in Reno and the surrounding area.. They only had one left and I figured I could change things down the road so it was ok. I just was hoping it would be a little better in the snow, but I was comparing it to the SRT.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I was just in Reno the past weekend. The TH was a great ride to and from the Bay Area. I also caught a rock chip on windshield. Cleaning the road crap from the snowy conditions is a *****. I feel for our brothers and sisters in snowy conditions in the winter.

·
Registered
18 Posts
The rock really sucks. That’s some bad luck on the inaugural drive. Welcome aboard.
That was the winding road of life telling the OP not to worry about a nick or scratch - time to just get out and drive >:) . Jokes aside, to the OP, welcome to the community!

·
Banned
362 Posts
Options? When I bought mine the only option I was concerned about is what was under the hood... I think there were three to chose from in the entire state of Texas when I bought over a year ago, and they were all pretty much the same (loaded), except for colors. So I went with the color combs I liked the best. The only thing I added later was a compact spare tire and jack. Other than that, it was perfect.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts