Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All - I just wanted to introduce myself. We bought the Trackhawk below to replace my wifes car. The C7 is my mostly DD car and a few times a year track car.

All I can say is wow. This Trackhawk is an absolute blast to drive. I love the traction at launch. I look forward to reading all the posts here to learn more (I'm a car nut). Although I'm not allowed to mod the Jeep until its out of warranty.

Attachments

·
Registered
412 Posts
Fellow Vette and Trackhawk owner here, as well. Welcome!!

·
Registered
655 Posts
Those two cars look cool together. Congrats and welcome to the "guys who love THs and other super fast cars" forum.

Reactions: WA 2 FST

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
^^^
This is very true. I'm sure everyone on here has a passion for fast cars. That's a nice stable you and WA 2 FST have.

·
Banned
362 Posts
After driving the latest model Vettes for almost 20 years, I switched to GC SRT's a few years ago and then the TH last year. In my opinion, stock Vettts are much cooler looking, handle better and certainly get better gas mileage but the stock TH is more comfortable, luxurious, and quicker, especially in the 0 to ~120+ range. Of course your mileage :grin2: and opinion may vary.

I think you'll find the forum members here are a little bit different than those of the Corvette forum.. (Assume you are a member of the Corvette forum too?) A lot of car nuts here too but a little different. At least I have found that. I'd be interest if you find that too after you have been here a while

Welcome and enjoy.

·
Registered
655 Posts
To Car-Guy's point, I think this site has people who are more open-minded as to brands and models of fast cars. As far as I've read, we like anything that's fast and cool. Stock, or heavily modded too.

Many other car sites that I've read are more prejudiced toward the type of car they own and will flame anything that's not their brand.

I like this better.

Reactions: Car-Guy

·
Registered
45 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the new Trackhawk. Love the C7 Vette too. Replaced the wife's car, huh? So the Trackhawk is the wife's new car? ;) It was hilarious how fast my wife fell in love with our Trackhawk. She did finally admit that the car was too much for her to drive on a daily basis.

I agree with and echo what others have said about this forum. Most members seem to just be speed and power nuts that like a very diverse set of vehicles. This most definitely isn't your average brand/model centric forum from an overall interest standpoint.

·
Super Moderator
1,420 Posts
After driving the latest model Vettes for almost 20 years, I switched to GC SRT's a few years ago and then the TH last year. In my opinion, stock Vettts are much cooler looking, handle better and certainly get better gas mileage but the stock TH is more comfortable, luxurious, and quicker, especially in the 0 to ~120+ range. Of course your mileage :grin2: and opinion may vary.

I think you'll find the forum members here are a little bit different than those of the Corvette forum.. (Assume you are a member of the Corvette forum too?) A lot of car nuts here too but a little different. At least I have found that. I'd be interest if you find that too after you have been here a while

Welcome and enjoy.
how is the corvette form guys different?
I noticed some smack talk when i first joined but that guy got banned and all has been good since. other than that

i notice guy here dont mod very much compared to other forms i been on. always seems to be "Warranty" one day I will start a thread about that and find out the real reason.

·
Banned
3 Posts
This is a really very cool car that is capable of surprising more and more every day. During my life I have had a lot of cars and when I get behind the wheel of a new car, I get bored very quickly. I have this jeep for almost half a year now and it is still full of surprises (in a good way). As I said, I bought it half a year ago, but I bought it already with mileage. If I'm not mistaken, he has already traveled 6 oil changes. When (no spam) delivered it to the state where I live, I immediately went for a technical inspection to check its condition and I was surprised that it was literally in perfect condition. Perhaps this suggests that it was treated with care, or perhaps that this is a very high-quality car. In any case, I am very happy with my purchase!

·
Registered
201 Posts
I know what was meant by the term "Vette" guys. I can say the same thing for "Mustang" or "Camaro" guys as well. Some see only one brand and the others are all "junk". I like lots of cars and I think most people do as well. Those with brand blinders on, I think only do that to justify their purchase. In fact, I am considering a new Z06 when they arrive - if I'm not too old by then!! I still own cars from lots of brands, and really just enjoy cool rides! Be safe all.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts