Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Catch cans for the TrackHawk and Hellcat's.

For those who may not know the importance of a catch can and us experts these are a vital part of modified supercharged build with pulley's making more boost and power.

As you make more boost the crank case pressure goes up and oil consumption going through the pcv system into the blower and down into the combustion chamber substantially increases. Which results in loss of octane due to the oil vapors mixing with the gas and can cause knock and the vehicle will reduce power and start to take out timing causing even more of a loss of power. This will also allow pooling of oil in the supercharger and down in the intake tracks. That leads to removing the blower to clean out all of the pooled up oil time and money not well spent.

The purpose of the catch can is to allow the heavier oil and water vapors to fall down to the bottom and allow good clean air to enter the PCV side of the blower preventing oil vapors from entering the combustion chamber.

Maintenance is super easy on these. We started with a large aluminum bracket to hold the catch can so when you need to service it you do not have a flimsy flexing bracket making it difficult to unscrew. We also use factory fittings and connections for ease of use also and this makes it look stock just like it came from Jeep that way.

We are taking pre orders for these they are not ready yet but they are selling faster then we can make them.

Give me a call for your pre order to get in line we are about three to four weeks out on getting these done and shipped out.

We can also add this onto you existing build if you have a TrackHawk here at the shop.

Sincerely Scott
313-561-5500 ext 122 Office
313-213-0273 Cell

Attachments

·
Registered
369 Posts
Just talked to Scott @ Livernois and ordered one of their new catch cans for my TH. Scott was great to work with and answered all my questions regarding their new product.

341 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just talked to Scott @ Livernois and ordered one of their new catch cans for my TH. Scott was great to work with and answered all my questions regarding their new product.
Thank you for your order my friend. It was also great talking with you. Thank you for your business I really and truly enjoy every time I get to talk with a member on here about there TrackHawk. You guys are the best and have by far the best starting platform to work with. I look forward to the future business along with meeting our other fellow member's.

Sincerely Scott

·
Registered
23 Posts
Scott, I just tried to send you a PM but apparently I have to post 6 more times before I can do so. I will be finding 5 more threads to post in and then you'll receive a pm from me.

·
Super Moderator
1,921 Posts
I see catch can setups for the hellcat motor on other platforms that runs hoses from both sides of the motor whereas everything I’ve seen for the TH is only on the passenger side. I hear that the majority of oil and such comes from the passenger side but seems like such a minor thing to do both sides. I’m curious why nobody is doing it.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I see catch can setups for the hellcat motor on other platforms that runs hoses from both sides of the motor whereas everything I’ve seen for the TH is only on the passenger side. I hear that the majority of oil and such comes from the passenger side but seems like such a minor thing to do both sides. I’m curious why nobody is doing it.
Catch Can on drivers side is not needed. Also you save money with only one catch can.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Why do I only see one connection to this CC? Am I missing something, shouldn't there be a return line that goes into the intake?

·
Registered
369 Posts
Why do I only see one connection to this CC? Am I missing something, shouldn't there be a return line that goes into the intake?
Darn it... Scott said no one would notice !

Here are some additional pics from a different angle. The return is just hidden behind the CC.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,921 Posts
I think it’s just the angle, looks like you see where it plugs into the intake with the white connector, just can’t see the hose.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I will give credit to Scott and crew @ Livernois. The install was very, very easy, compared to some of the other CC install videos I reviewed. It took longer to unpack and verify I had all the parts then to install.
It was pretty much plug and go.

341 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I will give credit to Scott and crew @ Livernois. The install was very, very easy, compared to some of the other CC install videos I reviewed. It took longer to unpack and verify I had all the parts then to install.
It was pretty much plug and go.
Thanks Vaako.

True on the upacking part compared to the install.

I am glad you are happy with it.

Sincerely
Scott

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hahah, okay, there it is! Thanks!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hey man thank you for your business.

Just wanted to give thanks to our supporting customer's

Enjoy your new catch can and if you need any support or assistance feel free to call me.

Sincerely Scott
Thanks, Scott! Looking forward to my first "mod" to the TrackHawk beast and definitely have you guys on my radar for your performance packages!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Ordered mine as well. Looking forward to getting it and installing. Really nice design and I always look for things that reuse OEM hoses and such. Thanks Scott.

Steve

·
Registered
369 Posts
If these things are so important and simple. Why doesn't the factory put them in?
This was a reply in another thread from adamkc regarding your question

A catch can is not needed for engine longevity and there are certainly folks who say they don't do much. However, if you are concerned with performance, and all of us here are, oil blow-by will eventually result in a build-up in your intake manifold and on your intake valves. To prevent pre-ignition/knocking your PCM will pull timing and you will lose a little horsepower. For $200 it is well worth the cost IMO, especially since we've all paid $95K+ for our vehicles.

I would say to each their own, Google "is a catch can worth it" and you will find multiple articles for a catch can as well as very descriptive articles on what they do and what they prevent then you can make up your own mind.

·
Super Moderator
224 Posts
If these things are so important and simple. Why doesn't the factory put them in?
A. They know most consumers wouldnt know what to do with them and would never empty them anyway.

B. They add cost to the build, something the bean counters try to keep down.

C. As stated above, they don't cause immediate issues, the blow by builds up over time and since they only warranty them for 36,000 miles, its not their problem anymore when things build up enough that you might actually be able to tell there is a loss in HP.

D. Because that loss in HP builds up slowly, truthfully few would actually notice the difference. Its there, but it happens gradually so its not noticeable.

E. If you DID notice it after 120,000 miles, they would much rather sell you on engine cleaning so they make more money off of you rather than lose it with the added costs up front.

Again, its not going to blow up if you don't get one, its just added piece of mind, especially for those of us who tend to put a lot of miles on them and/or add mods or tune them to get every last ounce of power possible from them.

I was made a believer back when I bought our 2006 300C SRT...

Based on recommendations at the time, I had a catch can on my Dodge Magnum since taking delivery. I wasn't 100% sold on it but it was easy enough to empty.

Then we bought our 300C... It had about 36,000 miles on it and the Magnum was up to about 40K or so...

With less miles than the Magnum, but no catch can for those miles, there was a LOT more build up in the intake and even on the back of the Throttle body.

In fact, even after 120,000 miles on the Magnum (with a catch can), it had less build up than the 300C did when we first got it at 36,000 miles without one.

Used some seafoam to clean out all the gunk on the 300C, kept it through 130,000 miles or so and now my uncle has it with ~ 170,000 miles on it. Since that first seafoam cleaning, its had a catch can and never again built up any sludge in the intake.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts