1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
70 Posts
Looks like a great way to add 2#s of boost and be able to keep it from voiding the warranty. In normal situations probably worth 40-50hp over stock.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Wow very interesting how is no tune required. Some tuner say the stock fuel system is on verge of being to lean.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Wow very interesting how is no tune required. Some tuner say the stock fuel system is on verge of being to lean.
The TH does have a better in tank fuel system then a Hellcat does. They tested it at minus density altitude conditions to find what the extreme amount of boost added would be. Going from low elevation to high elevation, to minus DA areas are adjusted by the factory tune. I could not see how Mopar could make a vehicle at the extreme edge of running out of fuel from the factory without consideration for variations in air density.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Stock TH fuel system is quite robust. Same as Demon. Will hold 900whp+. Just needs bigger injectors depending On what fuel you plan to run.

·
Registered
115 Posts
So i talked to Steve at ripa he says theres no need for a tune with the added 2lbs very cool alternative to not voiding warrenty.

·
Super Moderator
1,948 Posts
I understand overdriving the SC pulley but what happens when you overdrive everything? Is that similar to doing pulley’s on a NA motor. Idk, I’ve been turbo’d for the last 20 years and never messed with pulleys before now.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I understand overdriving the SC pulley but what happens when you overdrive everything? Is that similar to doing pulley’s on a NA motor. Idk, I’ve been turbo’d for the last 20 years and never messed with pulleys before now.
Steve ripa claims its minor like 4% . Wont have a negative effect .

·
Registered
212 Posts
Gotta do our due diligence with this instagram stuff... That being said... Ripa is local to me and I have heard a bunch of good things.... I know he had a couple of his parts ripped off last year.... So its good to see him still churning out stuff!

·
Registered
70 Posts
May help with spinning the water pump faster for cooling purposes and also spinning the alternator quicker for rapid charging recovery. Not sure how it would effect long term on spinning the accessories faster.

·
Registered
70 Posts
May help with spinning the water pump faster for cooling purposes and also spinning the alternator quicker for rapid charging recovery. Not sure how it would effect long term on spinning the accessories faster.
A lifetime ago, overdrive/underdrive pulleys were a common -albeit marginal - upgrade on N/A cars. I never heard of any premature pulled component failure that wasn’t directly tied to an improper install.
As always, YMMV.

·
Registered
70 Posts
A lifetime ago, overdrive/underdrive pulleys were a common -albeit marginal - upgrade on N/A cars. I never heard of any premature pulled component failure that wasn’t directly tied to an improper install.
As always, YMMV.
Yeah, I remember the days. The 5.0 fox bodies started them.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I saw this, interesting, but I'm not into paying more to have less power - I think I'll stick with an upper pulley + injectors and all the extra power and take my chances on warranty stuff, but that's just me.
Trackhawk fuel system has 2x 450lph pumps lol, more than enough pump. Just needs injectors and a tune.

As always, YMMV.
Those were the opposite - you'd under-drive the accessories with a smaller crank pulley to get marginally less parasitic drag on the engine. By going bigger on the crank pulley with this, you're over-driving the accessories. More RPM on water pump is more likely to cavitate (worse flow), and more RPM on power steering, AC, and alternator won't help anything. Not ideal, but probably not a big deal.

·
Registered
573 Posts
New Ripatuned "Incognito" Lower Pulley. NO TUNE NEEDED

Yea, not that long with my sc’d srt8, burning up power steering pumps was the accepted cost of the ati overdrive install.

But question, while we know this unit is built to overdrive the supercharger, is it also overdriving the accessory belt? They are 2 separate belts here that could potential spin at different rates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
70 Posts
Those were the opposite - you'd under-drive the accessories with a smaller crank pulley to get marginally less parasitic drag on the engine. By going bigger on the crank pulley with this, you're over-driving the accessories. More RPM on water pump is more likely to cavitate (worse flow), and more RPM on power steering, AC, and alternator won't help anything. Not ideal, but probably not a big deal.
A 6% overdrive on the accessories will not cause any water pump cavitation, any more than a high-idle cold start would.

Guys who move up their rev limiter run the accessories faster than 6% over stock at redline

Yea, not that long with my sc’d srt8, burning up power steering pumps was the accepted cost of the ati overdrive install.

But question, while we know this unit is built to overdrive the supercharger, is it also overdriving the accessory belt? They are 2 separate belts here that could potential spin at different rates.
ATI does 17-18% overdrive, iirc.

The separate accessory pulley still needs to dimensionally fit over existing unit, limiting how small you can go. Larger, no problem- but no advantage to be found.

·
Registered
70 Posts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
To slide over both stock pulleys, the slip on has to be larger on both pulleys.

1 - 20 of 112 Posts