Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

81 - 100 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
The verdict is still out but seems to make sense and boost increase.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Wtf no one has any data yet . I wanna get one of these bad boys anybody have any feedback. Thanks
What data do you want? It overdrives the supercharger roughly 9% which equates to 1-2#s of boost. Increasing boost, increases power. Roughly 20-25hp per pound of boost.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The TH is my first go with a supercharged car (I had many turbo cars prior to this) Does anyone anticipate any long term effects to the motor with this mod?

·
Super Moderator
2,061 Posts
My first super too but been boosted for the last 20. My understanding of this product is that it increases the boost levels but within factory pcm control variances and can easily be removed for warranty work (since FCA can be an A hole). It’s too new for any long term reviews though.

·
Registered
84 Posts
gotcha, I was just curious that if anyone had done something similar in the past to a SC motor.
Larger crank pulleys or smaller SC pulleys to spin the blower faster is common for SC setups. Normally you tune to dial everything in. Here your relying on the stock tune to compensate for the increased boost.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Who in here has actually installed one of these? I just ordered the Ripatuned kit that comes with the sleeve, intake and 180 stat. I'm looking for real feedback on the product and the install. I am assuming with the stat I will need to replace some of the coolant, would 4 gallons be enough? More/less? Just looking for some feedback overall as there doesn't seem to be a ton of feedback yet... 2020 TH.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Who in here has actually installed one of these? I just ordered the Ripatuned kit that comes with the sleeve, intake and 180 stat. I'm looking for real feedback on the product and the install. I am assuming with the stat I will need to replace some of the coolant, would 4 gallons be enough? More/less? Just looking for some feedback overall as there doesn't seem to be a ton of feedback yet... 2020 TH.
I installed mine. Took my time and it took a few hours. The fan shroud was a little tricky to get out on my Trackhawk. Otherwise take your time and go thru the steps diligently. Also, there are YouTube video installs and thermostat installs to educate yourself.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I installed mine. Took my time and it took a few hours. The fan shroud was a little tricky to get out on my Trackhawk. Otherwise take your time and go thru the steps diligently. Also, there are YouTube video installs and thermostat installs to educate yourself.

Thanks, the feedback is much appreciated! Noticeable difference in power? Also, any idea how much coolant you replaced?

·
Super Moderator
2,061 Posts
You won’t lose much coolant swapping thermostats, maybe a quart at the very most.
The stock crank pulley bolt is a torque to yield bolt (one time use) so you might want to have another, not really sure what the attachment plan is with that.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I’m curious to see some results as well. Here in Tucson I only see 10lbs of boost with only a K&N drop in filter, so I’m hoping it might bring me up stock levels of 11.7. I’ve heard the AFE intake might get me to 11lbs, but I find that hard to believe.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I’m curious to see some results as well. Here in Tucson I only see 10lbs of boost with only a K&N drop in filter, so I’m hoping it might bring me up stock levels of 11.7. I’ve heard the AFE intake might get me to 11lbs, but I find that hard to believe.
I would only see 10lbs boost as well with stock filter (it must’ve been close to 11 (10.7-10.9?) then I dropped in the Green Filter replacement, which flows a lot better, and now get 11 (11.1-11.3?) I’m now running the AFE and still always see 11.

·
Registered
217 Posts
If you get a hand pump and you snake small diameter hose as far down the radiator fill neck and pump out the coolant into a clean jug and squeeze and move up and down the radiator hose between pumps to let coolant to drain out of the T-stat housing back to the radiator, you won’t need new coolant, if any. It’s a slow process it takes me about 15 min till I can’t get any more coolant out of the radiator, then I unscrew the bleed screw (allen head) out of the thermostat housing and if i took my time and I pumped out all the coolant possible I will only get a trickle of coolant coming out of the opening. Now you can take the T-stat housing off, get paper towels or rag underneath to soak up any residue coolant, the T-stat is stuck in there pretty good so you’ll have to work at it a bit to get it out. When you install the new T-stat make sure the nipple/bleed valve is up/on top that way when you refill your radiator (slowly) it will let coolant fill the cavity behind the T-stat and as it gets filled and once fulll it will start trickling out the bleed hole in the T-stat housing when that happens then you can screw back in the allen plug and continue filling the radiator, some coolant will still be left in the jug and once you start the TrackHawk and take her for a spin, to get up to operating temps a get the T-stat to open, then when you get back from the ride check the radiator coolant reservoir and empty the left over coolant into the reservoir. If you did it right you won't need the coolant that you bought.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Any idea how much boost increase you saw over stock with the AFE, and how much you saw with the incognito? I know with the K&N I saw about .3 -.4lb increase.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I don’t know how much more boost if any the AFE made over the Green Filter, I haven’t installed a boost gauge with decimal readings, I am thinking of installing the Aeroforce scan tool/gauge that has decimal readings. My garage Queen TrackHawk only has the AFE cai and my Strut Bar, I don’t have the Incognito, but on my DD TrackHawk, my experimenting platform, I had the Green Filter, the DDR cai and the AFE and switched back and forth gathering data, also installed my Strut Bar, Demon Performance brake rotors all around, the Borla exhaust, a Demon blower with spacer plates and thermal blanket and will in a couple of weeks I’ll install the “Active Interchiller” gonna make my own DemonHawk 😎

26ED752B-457F-46C6-AF46-F4306923BC27.jpeg 7D8F6984-5DED-4348-90D9-B8A6213B24CE.jpeg

·
Registered
37 Posts
Interesting idea. What are the odds that something like this could be detected after the fact? Say some engine or SC problem occurs and the ripatuned parts are removed before bringing the hawk into the dealer. Is there anything at all that could still give it away, like datalogging in the ECU?

·
Registered
580 Posts
Interesting idea. What are the odds that something like this could be detected after the fact? Say some engine or SC problem occurs and the ripatuned parts are removed before bringing the hawk into the dealer. Is there anything at all that could still give it away, like datalogging in the ECU?
On other platforms it is done, Audi/VW//Porsche most notable, but I’ve never heard of it happening on a Hellcat/FCA vehicle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

81 - 100 of 128 Posts