Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All TH enthusiasts!

I just picked up a used Track Hawk Tuesday with 1800 miles on it, and I traded in my 2015 SRT (all stock) with only 9,400 miles on it. Since the TH has already been broken in, I was able to really test drive it and get a sense of what it is capable of. I have not tried launch control yet, but after the test drive I was sold, and I have been smiling ear to ear every time I stab the throttle which is nothing short of impressive! I purchased it out of town 3 hrs away from me, and for the deal it was well worth the drive. :wink2:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Congrats! Did you check and see what best 0-60 has been recorded?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congrats! Did you check and see what best 0-60 has been recorded?
Hi Mike,
I sure did! 0-60 says 3.0 Sec. I "think" the 1/4 said 11.2 @ 121 mph. I need to look again to confirm that though. When I get more posts I can share a picture.
Is that normal times?

Thanks,
Mark

·
Registered
96 Posts
Quick! I have seen other owners post those kind of times.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Since this is the only TH I have ever driven, is it supposed to make a “verrrr-up” sound on WOT upshifts from the rear end? At first, I thought it was the ring and pinion gear mesh making the sounds, or it is just the way the exhaust sounds because of the pressure change in exhaust on the upshift. My 2015 SRT was loud on WOT upshifts, but I have never heard anything like this before.
I would love to post a video link of the sound, but can’t since I don’t have enough posts yet. I have watched a few TH YouTube video reviews and I can kind of hear the same sound, but mine seems really loud to me. Before I take it to the dealer to look at, I just wanted to check and see if this is normal or not. My guess is my local dealer has no experience with Track Hawks, as I have only seen 1-2 for sale here in Wichita, KS since they came out. I also hear it sometimes on part throttle upshifts @ around 4k RPM, but it happens every time in any drive mode at WOT where the exhaust note is the loudest.

My wife who usually tells me I am imagining things, even said it was weird and I should have it checked out. Still not sure I want to take it to the dealer or not at this point. Not a comforting feeling to hand them the key and say, “please go out and floor this and see if it sounds normal to you”. My guess is no mechanic there would have a clue, but would love the chance for a free joyride!

If anyone is reading this and you live near Wichita, KS and have a broken in TH I would love to visit with you and compare our TH’s to see if they sound the same on WOT upshifts. I will certainly reimburse you for the gas used!

Thank you,
Mark

·
Registered
110 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the great upgrade. Well done.

The loud noise could be attributed to the muffler delete. The owner must have done a muffler delete, which is nice since it saved you some coin. Lol.

Check it out with the dealership anyways or if someone volunteers to drive down to compare the vehicles. Keep us posted and all the best.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks!
Thank you for your response THisLIFE. My TH is completely stock, and nothing has been removed from it (that I am aware of). The original suitcase muffler and the 2 mufflers at the exhaust tips are all still there. I will wait to visit with a few more TH owners (hopefully close by) before I take it to the dealer for the reasons I listed in my post above.
I did watch a YouTube video (Sorry, can’t post a link yet) but if you Google= “1st Jeep TrackHawk Muffler Delete!!!” By: Kevin Van Voris, you will find it. There is no way my Jeep is as loud as his is. In fact, my stock SRT was louder at idle when I would remote start it in the garage than when I do the same with the TH. You can barely hear the TH purring when the SRT would rattle all the dishes in the kitchen cabinets!

I do see a intake and an exhaust upgrade coming in the near future!
Thanks.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Mark,
I've got a TH on order here in KC and I'm told it should be here by end of month. I also do a lot of business in Wichita and plan to be there first part of June (hopefully with my new TH). I'd be happy to compare as I won't have a new intake or exhaust yet, unless that's too far out.

Adam

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mark,
I've got a TH on order here in KC and I'm told it should be here by end of month. I also do a lot of business in Wichita and plan to be there first part of June (hopefully with my new TH). I'd be happy to compare as I won't have a new intake or exhaust yet, unless that's too far out.

Adam
Thanks Adam. That would be great! Shoot me a PM when you are coming to Wichita and can meet up to compare.
Thank you

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes!... I can post links now. Here is what I found online that helps to describe what I hear, but they don’t seem as loud as mine does. It could just be the difference in being there in person verses listening to a video recording…

@ 4:32=

@ 1:11 & 1:15=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=KI5NQwAhG-0

@ 3:02 & 3:04=

If everyone is experiencing the same then I guess this is normal….

1 - 11 of 11 Posts