Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up the TH on Saturday and the dealer told me they do not come with the black keys like the other Hellcat models. Seemed strange to me, so I figured I would ask other owners if they got both the black and red keys for the car. Also, what is the best way to confirm the fuel rail recall was performed?

·
Registered
695 Posts
There’s no way the dealer would’ve been able to sell it without checking the recall issue first, it’s illegal. Just confirm it with them though.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. The dealer said the same thing. I wish the black keys were included like the other Hellcats. My wife also misses the glass hatch opening that was on her 2012 GC SRT8.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Hey neighbor! What color did you get? Red like your ZR1?

Figure we will run into each other at some point, given we both have modded C5s, C6ZR1s and TH. LOL Unless you're out in one of your other toys, of course.

Have fun! The TH is a cool ride, I think. I am having a hard time convincing myself to drive the Vettes on some days.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We purchased a velvet/octane red with the standard black interior. Shopped all over Dallas and got the best price from a dealer in Tulsa. Haven't driven the car much because I trailered it back and it goes in for paint protection this weekend. I saw your old GC SRT8 for sale at AutoNation. Someone is going to get a great deal if it has not sold already.

·
Registered
411 Posts
We purchased a velvet/octane red with the standard black interior. Shopped all over Dallas and got the best price from a dealer in Tulsa. Haven't driven the car much because I trailered it back and it goes in for paint protection this weekend. I saw your old GC SRT8 for sale at AutoNation. Someone is going to get a great deal if it has not sold already.
Very cool. The velvet is gorgeous. I just have to keep a lower profile, so silver again it was. :)

Yeah, I'm surprised AN didn't have the price higher... isn't much margin built into that asking price, especially since the tires were basically bald and they would have to replace them (won't pass inspection at this point).

·
Registered
20 Posts
Welcome to the forum & congratulations on your purchase. I picked up my TH from dealer on Saturday. When I asked about the recall, they said they could had to clear all recalls before leaving the lot.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Hey neighbor! What color did you get? Red like your ZR1?

Figure we will run into each other at some point, given we both have modded C5s, C6ZR1s and TH. LOL Unless you're out in one of your other toys, of course.

Have fun! The TH is a cool ride, I think. I am having a hard time convincing myself to drive the Vettes on some days.
Ok, chevyave & WA2FST;

I thought that owning a modded C6ZR1 & and a Trackhawk was rare, but after reading this, I guess not. Now I am wondering how many of us there are? It seems we gravitate towards high HP OEM vehicles.
The good news is, I am keeping the miles off the ZR1 since I bought the TH!

·
Registered
411 Posts
Ok, chevyave & WA2FST;

I thought that owning a modded C6ZR1 & and a Trackhawk was rare, but after reading this, I guess not. Now I am wondering how many of us there are? It seems we gravitate towards high HP OEM vehicles.
The good news is, I am keeping the miles off the ZR1 since I bought the TH!
Oh, its still probably pretty rare... LOL. And finding 3 of us on the same board is cool.

I've owned a Vette for 16 years, but only recently picked up the '11 C6ZR1 (sold a blown Centennial GS). It had 478 miles on it when it hit my doorstep...so the original owner saved it in a bubble for me, and I paid half price. I did some minor mods immediately, I've put about 800 miles on it since it arrived last November.

The TH will be my "daily", although my commute is extremely short, if I even have one (office from home), and on nice days I do drive my Vettes.

Enjoy!!! What color is your ZR1?

Reactions: OverKill

·
Registered
152 Posts
Oh, its still probably pretty rare... LOL. And finding 3 of us on the same board is cool.

I've owned a Vette for 16 years, but only recently picked up the '11 C6ZR1 (sold a blown Centennial GS). It had 478 miles on it when it hit my doorstep...so the original owner saved it in a bubble for me, and I paid half price. I did some minor mods immediately, I've put about 800 miles on it since it arrived last November.

The TH will be my "daily", although my commute is extremely short, if I even have one (office from home), and on nice days I do drive my Vettes.

Enjoy!!! What color is your ZR1?
My ZR1 is torch red, and my C6 Z06 before that was victory red. It is nice having to choose between which 700+ HP car to drive each day. My Jeep is my DD, and the vette only comes out when the temp is between 50-100 and there is no chance for rain for days. (It has never been rained on).

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Very cool there is (3) of us with the same taste in cars. My ZR1 is the last CRM built in 2013 and in my opinion the C6 is best looking modern Corvette. The Hellcat motors are exceptional and I have been addicted to the SRT branded cars since their release in 2006. Too bad Fiat is slowly destroying this company because once they sell off Jeep and Ram there will be nothing left of Chrysler/Dodge. I still can't believe Chrysler only has the 300 and Pacifica left on the showroom floors.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Very cool there is (3) of us with the same taste in cars. My ZR1 is the last CRM built in 2013 and in my opinion the C6 is best looking modern Corvette. The Hellcat motors are exceptional and I have been addicted to the SRT branded cars since their release in 2006. Too bad Fiat is slowly destroying this company because once they sell off Jeep and Ram there will be nothing left of Chrysler/Dodge. I still can't believe Chrysler only has the 300 and Pacifica left on the showroom floors.
I agree, I still love the look of the C6 over the C7. I just think C7 looks too much like a Camaro in the rear (lights) and I am not a fan of the large black plastic square diffuser. I have seen some folks paint it the body color and it looks a lot better, IMO. I don’t know about your neck of the woods, but there is not a lot of ZR1’s on the streets here in Wichita. There is maybe 5 of us, and I am fairly certain I am the only one with torch red. I find the ZR1 is a lot like the Trackhawk in that it looks like the rest of the Corvette’s or Jeep GC’s on the road, and it makes a great sleeper for those that don’t know what it really is. When the TH was announced I knew I just had to have one and the only reason I would ever give up my 2015 GC SRT. So far, I have only seen 1 other TH (white) in Wichita on the streets. Only time will tell if it will be as rare of a site as the ZR1 is...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts