Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I finally took the plunge and went for a Trackhawk. It's a 2018 with 64K miles on it, the dealer has to fix a few issues (suspension error and park sense/FCA/Adaptive cruise), but it was pretty much the lowest-priced TH in the country (that wasn't a salvage title), was convenient to me (only about a 30 minute drive from me) and they gave me what I wanted on my trade. I traded in my '14 GC Overland 5.7 that had about a 4" lift (between lift and taller tires) that I used for some good off-roading fun, and before that I had a '14 GC SRT. I think I got the off-roading bug out of my system over the last few years (and honestly if I want to off-road, I can just rent a Wrangler in Colorado or Sedona when I go). Very happy so far with the TH, it's noticeably faster than my previous SRT and is so amazingly easy to hook up compared to my other toy (2012 Corvette ZR1 making about 720whp). It's already got an air intake and a catch can, and honestly I'll probably just drive it and enjoy it "as is" since I'm planning on spending mod money on the ZR1 to try and do 200MPH in the standing mile.
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Car Sky

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Only thing I'm debating right now is whether to leave it de-badged. It's kind of cool, but I would like something a little subtle, thinking maybe just putting some red hellcat emblems on the front fenders.
Font Art Symbol Carmine Logo

· Registered
472 Posts
Congrats. Welcome to the gang. You can leave it debadged or badges, your choice.

First thing I tell people is get a Killswitch, GPS, park in garage if you can, get 3rd party alarm and\or Steering club. This should be you first thing.

Than have fun.

· Registered
94 Posts
congrats!

debadge and killswitch FTW

· Registered
'18 Rhino | Red Laguna
148 Posts
Congrats. If I can suggest for emblems, look up Rebadge Design. Nate has some cool stuff and they are UV stable. Best looking fender emblem available that's a mix of a Hellcat badge with a Hawk mixed in. These are the ones that I have and I love them. Better than that crazy chicken looking thing lots of folks put on, IMO.

Trackhawk Fender Badge

· Registered
37 Posts
Congrats looks great! I'm all for keeping the stock badging and feel those hellcat emblems on the fenders don't look good on Jeeps but it's yours so do what you want obviously.

What did you get for your trade in and what did you end up paying for the new beast?

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Congrats. If I can suggest for emblems, look up Rebadge Design. Nate has some cool stuff and they are UV stable. Best looking fender emblem available that's a mix of a Hellcat badge with a Hawk mixed in. These are the ones that I have and I love them. Better than that crazy chicken looking thing lots of folks put on, IMO.

Trackhawk Fender Badge
Thanks, those are way better than the "crazy chicken" hawk badges I've seen.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What did you get for your trade in and what did you end up paying for the new beast?
They originally had it for $73K, but dropped it to $69K. My '14 Overland had over 145K miles on it and while it ran good, it was starting to show its age. I could probably have sold it for more private party, but I was able to get $12K out of them, which saved me having to go through the hassle of doing a private party sale.

· Registered
146 Posts
Personally I like and have it debadged. If you’re going with the emblems, maybe consider yellow to match the calipers
Same here. Mine is black and debadged. Have considered yellow or something dark like a charcoal so it doesnt stand out so much (hence the reason Im debadged)

· Registered
146 Posts

Trackhawk Fender Badge
those are sweet. too bad the site didnt change when I selected a color other than red

· Registered
37 Posts
They originally had it for $73K, but dropped it to $69K. My '14 Overland had over 145K miles on it and while it ran good, it was starting to show its age. I could probably have sold it for more private party, but I was able to get $12K out of them, which saved me having to go through the hassle of doing a private party sale.
Sounds like you got a nice deal. I think $12k is not bad for your old Jeep. The non SRT / Trackhawk Jeeps don't hold value so well which is another good reason to upgrade (that was my excuse anyways!).

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah, KBB showed value on it as around $9K. For the right buyer (that wanted it already lifted) I could probably have got $13-14K for it, but it's just not worth the headache of selling myself.

· Registered
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
143 Posts
Well, I finally took the plunge and went for a Trackhawk. It's a 2018 with 64K miles on it, the dealer has to fix a few issues (suspension error and park sense/FCA/Adaptive cruise), but it was pretty much the lowest-priced TH in the country (that wasn't a salvage title), was convenient to me (only about a 30 minute drive from me) and they gave me what I wanted on my trade. I traded in my '14 GC Overland 5.7 that had about a 4" lift (between lift and taller tires) that I used for some good off-roading fun, and before that I had a '14 GC SRT. I think I got the off-roading bug out of my system over the last few years (and honestly if I want to off-road, I can just rent a Wrangler in Colorado or Sedona when I go). Very happy so far with the TH, it's noticeably faster than my previous SRT and is so amazingly easy to hook up compared to my other toy (2012 Corvette ZR1 making about 720whp). It's already got an air intake and a catch can, and honestly I'll probably just drive it and enjoy it "as is" since I'm planning on spending mod money on the ZR1 to try and do 200MPH in the standing mile.
View attachment 11654
Congratulations & welcome(y)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts