Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

My name is Clayton and I'm from a suburb of Columbus, OH. I traded my Charger Hellcat and another car for a lightly used Trackhawk (7 months old,, 4400 miles) back in February of this year. I've been enjoying most all of the experience (short of the gas mileage). I just found this forum and wanted to say hello.

Once I'm able to post links / pictures I will attach my OneDrive album.

·
Banned
362 Posts
Welcome. Would you care to share the pros and cons "as you see it" between the Charger Hellcat and Grand Cherokee TH?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome. Would you care to share the pros and cons "as you see it" between the Charger Hellcat and Grand Cherokee TH?
Thanks. I would say that while my Jeep pulls better due to AWD from the line, the Charger keeps "pulling" for longer as in higher speeds. I could never really push the Charger to the point where it felt like it was getting slower. The Jeep doesn't do that at normal speeds but I can notice it.

Also the supercharger is quieter in the Jeep. That can be fixed with an intake of course.

·
Banned
362 Posts
Thanks. I would say that while my Jeep pulls better due to AWD from the line, the Charger keeps "pulling" for longer as in higher speeds. I could never really push the Charger to the point where it felt like it was getting slower. The Jeep doesn't do that at normal speeds but I can notice it.

Also the supercharger is quieter in the Jeep. That can be fixed with an intake of course.

Thanks, and that makes sense to me. The Charger is lighter, a lot more aerodynamic, and the AWD of the TH is going to become an unnecessary power drain at higher speeds. I've often said, it would be nice if we had the option from Jeep to switch from AWD to RWD after the initial launch. (Like between 1st and 2nd gear or maybe even 2nd and 3rd) I think I know how to do that now but I'm not sure what it might do to the drivetrain, especially under full power. Maybe that's why Jeep doesn't offer such an option.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts