Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m continuing my 6 month hunt for the Trackhawk. Might be close on one…:the only kicker…:it’s the only one I’ve looked at that did NOT have the upgraded audio! That was the one option I thought was actually worth it.

wanted to get opinions on if this should be a deal breaker or if I can adequately/easily upgrade the audio. I’m no audiophile but like a clean crisp sound.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I expected better for the money it cost and was especially disappointed in the bass output. I ended up upgrading with PAC audio components and a JL Audio stealth box. This didn't give me the volume output I wanted but good enough since I like the supercharger whine and exhaust notes too. You could probably find a CDJR with a vehicle equipped with the HK system to get an idea.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the insight. Did you upgrade the amp at all?

curious if anyone on this forum bought a TH with the base audio system?

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
I have the upgraded audio but I almost never use it. I just like listening to the Jeep and the beautiful whine. I’m a weirdo I know. But I hardly drive it and when I do it’s not very far.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had the base model stereo on my 2017 GC SRT and in my opinion the upgraded HK system is leaps and bounds better in my Trackhawk. I honestly could not stand how bad the base model was, it was so quiet and lacking any depth. I am very happy with the HK system. Could use a touch more bass though.

·
Super Moderator
2,582 Posts
It’s pretty good for jeep. For some reason the satellite has no low bass. You’ll need to have your phone attached for full frequency. I’ve never heard the regular but the HK is very decent

·
Registered
39 Posts
I went to the dealership and listened to both back to back. It’s a much better system then the alpine unit. The mids and highs are no comparison. For me, it was a must have when shopping for my Ram 2500. I’ve been spoiled by the HK

·
Registered
189 Posts
A PAC harness will work with both the Alpine and HK as they have the same head units.
I have an SRT with the Alpine and a TH with the HK.
The only difference is the HK door mids still work on top of the rca outputs so it's just a little better.
From the harness you can run RCAs to aftermarket amps.
I went a little over the top adding 2800 watts rms.

Got these Planet Audio amps on Amazon that fit where my old school Rockford Punch amps used to sit. They have a 100+ to 1 SN ratio and are only 100.00

Hertz Premium speakers

Baffles

Level Controls

Subs in Custom Box with in out fans

Tweeters

·
Registered
70 Posts
I had a 2018 Jeep SRT that I ordered from the dealer and I had optioned it with the audio upgrade. After about 30 or so miles (Jeep was brand new), the door panels started vibrating and would vibrate with bass so I never ended up really using the radio.

I ended up ordering my TH without the audio upgrade and none of my door panels vibrate. I also don’t really listen to the radio in it because of the supercharger whine.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You guys are great. Thank you. I’m convinced that I don’t need to hold out for the HK upgrade. If I can work out a deal I’m going to go without the audio upgrade and then just replace the stock speakers, add an amp and do the JL stealth box. That should be enough for me!

·
Registered
189 Posts
You guys are great. Thank you. I’m convinced that I don’t need to hold out for the HK upgrade. If I can work out a deal I’m going to go without the audio upgrade and then just replace the stock speakers, add an amp and do the JL stealth box. That should be enough for me!
Use the PAC Harness.
It's 285.00 but it's the only way to go.
Has a much better dynamic range than an LC2i or LC7i interface
that uses the oem speaker wires as inputs..

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You guys recommend any particular amp for my needs? Nothing crazy, just looking for something that gives enough juice for crisp clarity….not looking for crazy volume.

·
Registered
189 Posts
You guys recommend any particular amp for my needs? Nothing crazy, just looking for something that gives enough juice for crisp clarity….not looking for crazy volume.
Maybe something like this Planet Audio 4 ch amp that's about 600 watts rms
150 watts per chanel and you can bridge it for a sub.
Should fit under the passenger seat.

This JBL 5.1 2300 watts peak looks good for what you want

·
Registered
189 Posts
The only thing I can add is that if you get a PAC Harness don't use it's 2 amp blue switch wire to the amp.
Run a wire from the switched rear 20 amp accessory plug.
It's easy to do.
I somehow blew the harness when I hooked a 200 watt Kicker tweeter amp to it's blue wire and had to get another 285.00 harness (ouch!)

The PAC Harness comes with a bare sub level control

but If you want to have level controls the Scosche ones can be 2 way taped to the console.
You could even just use the Scoshe case to hold the PAC level control with some cutting modifications.
Or you could turn the PAC control all the way up and then run the sub rcas through a Scoshe level control.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts