Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All from Northern VA,

We picked up our Trackhawk on June 9th out at Safford of Warrenton.

We are loving it so far!!! The Velvet Red is awesome in person!!

This is a DD replacement for our 13 Fusion.

Its taken a while to get used to the VR and electronics changes between brands. I will say the UConnect VR does seem a bit intermittent compared to the MFT 2 (don't kill me for it, just my thoughts as of now). Simple things like "call person work" seems to be about 50/50 success. And "person work" is the literal name of the contact on my phone. Windows up improves VR understanding, windows down and its less than 50/50.

So far we have had the chance to drive lots of local but also a nice trip down to Wintergreen and Massanutten. That was a great chance to get used to things. And a beautiful drive. OEM Nav had zero idea where Massanutten resort was. To be fair it got us within 10 miles but we were nowhere close when it thought we were "there".

Mods to date - Black lug nuts and Green filter OEM replacement.

Best 0-60 so far is 3.7 with minimal effort. A bit of practice and I believe that will be lowered.

We are hoping to make it out to a track event before years end.

For those in NoVA/DC/MD lets try to get together at one of the local gatherings such as Dulles landing (Sundays 7AM), Burger King Nokesville (Saturday afternoons) or other.

Later

Brian

·
Registered
695 Posts
Welcome Brian.

That sounds like a tough task, getting guys together at 7 am on Sundays to show off their Trackhawks.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Welcome! I'm just up the road from you in Ashburn. It would be nice to have a meet up some time, however I don't know about 7AM :eek:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone for the welcome!!

Travis, we could be neighbors.. We are in the 'burn too. Lets meet up sometime at a local brewery or Buff Wing Factory.

Later

Brian

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi Brian,
Congrats on the new TH. I am also in Northern Virginia, but have yet to purchase a TH. I am still lurking a bit on this forum until I ultimately decide on a purchase. I test drove a few TH's, as well as Durango and GC SRT's. Kind of waiting to see what happens with prices on TH's over the few months.
Charles

·
Registered
21 Posts
Charles-

I am over in Charlottesville. I too stalked this forum for a few weeks before purchasing my Trackhawk. 4500 miles later I am very happy with my decision. One minor glitch with the A/C which was quickly repaired by my local dealer. I watched the prices for a few months as well and was happy with the deal I got at Koons which is probably a dealer pretty close to you.

-Kevin

·
Registered
37 Posts
Kevin,
Congrats... and yes... Koons is not too far... and they seem to have many on the lot... I test drove a new GC SRT a few weeks in Fairfax... but for some reason they are still at MSRP...
Enjoy the TH,
Charles

·
Registered
5 Posts
Congrats!! Ashburn is no doubt NoVA! Lol! Another Velvet Red TH here in the Springfield area. I’m always up for a TH meet.

Ben

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Weather is looking good for this weekend.

Anyone up for Sat or Sun meet-up/cruise?
Saturday Burger King ~3
Sunday C&C Dulles Landing 7AM??

Let me know

Later
Brian

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi Brian- I might be down for the Saturday meet up at 3. Which Burger King location are you thinking of? The one on 606?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Travis,

This is the Nokesville Burger King, off Rt 28, across from Farm Brew Live.

Im thinking we will probably leave the ashburn area around 3:30.... If you want to meet up local and head out we can take some backroads over there.

Let me know.

Brian

Hi Brian- I might be down for the Saturday meet up at 3. Which Burger King location are you thinking of? The one on 606?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Thanks Brian- I'm actually going to see if I can get my resonator delete done today, and I wouldn't want to hold you up. If I can, I'll just meet you guys there at the BK Lounge.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts