Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! New owner in the South Florida area! If you are around here, let’s meet up for a ride / photoshoot one day!

Any idea how to get the grill squares & the “fog light vent” covers black? They are a weird granite color stock. Body shop advised they would need to remove my whole bumper and paint them. There has to be an easier way. Thank you!

·
Registered
384 Posts
Search for 7PC of Black Front Grill Rings Inserts Fits Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk SRT 2017-2021 (Grille Ring-Black).
You should find several sites that you can choose from. Currently Amazon has them for $85. The inserts pop out fairly easy.
there are some ideas on the forum about the fog light inserts.
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys! Do you recommend the Amazon ones or should I try to find ones from Mopar? I get nervous putting anything from Amazon on my brand new Trackhawk lol. But if it’s all the same plastic then I might give it a shot. Thank you for the fast reply. Will search fog light inserts today.

·
Registered
384 Posts
If I would have known about the ones on Amazon, I would have bought them. I never had any problems if I had to return anything. The reason I had to buy was one of the rings got knocked out going down a highway. I ended up buying from Just Jeeps. I didn’t pay that much, but still had to paint them. PITA.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If I would have known about the ones on Amazon, I would have bought them. I never had any problems if I had to return anything. The reason I had to buy was one of the rings got knocked out going down a highway. I ended up buying from Just Jeeps. I didn’t pay that much, but still had to paint them. PITA.
Sounds good I found them. Thank you! Still trying to figure out the best route to take with the fog light vent inserts.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Welcome from UT.

So far my grill inserts have stayed in. I will paint my lower ones in the coming week or so. These are much more difficult to deal with then the previous model. Those one just popped out like the upper grill.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome from UT.

So far my grill inserts have stayed in. I will paint my lower ones in the coming week or so. These are much more difficult to deal with then the previous model. Those one just popped out like the upper grill.
Yeah man, the owner of this body shop that I trust was hesitant to remove my front bumper because of all the sensors and what not. So I’m trying to find other options on how to get those sucks black.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi I have a 2018 TH AND IM IN THE ORLANDO AREE. WHERE ARE YOU LOCATED.
Thanks
Hey buddy! I’m in the Broward County area. Only about a 2 hour drive from you! If you’re ever in the area hit me up and I’ll do the same if I’m ever in Orlando area. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
2,393 Posts
Yeah man, the owner of this body shop that I trust was hesitant to remove my front bumper because of all the sensors and what not. So I’m trying to find other options on how to get those sucks black.
It’s not that hard to pull the bumper. There should be some pics n such on my build page. I think there is one or two connectors you need to disconnect and the headlight washers but that’s about it.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It’s not that hard to pull the bumper. There should be some pics n such on my build page. I think there is one or two connectors you need to disconnect and the headlight washers but that’s about it.
Will pass this information along to the body shop tech. Thank you Lil’ Hemi!!

·
Registered
2021 Sting Gray Trackhawk
26 Posts
I remember reading something about the lower bezels were hard to find painted black. Hopes this helps for those that don't have the part numbers and want them painted gloss black from the factory without needing to take them to get painted.

The stock Mopar part numbers are 6DX59TZZAB and 6DX58TZZAB for the right and left side. These are the same gloss black lower bezels found on the Jeep SRT with led fog lights. (azwholesalemopar.com usually has some of the best wholesale pricing and who I use when I order oem parts).

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I remember reading something about the lower bezels were hard to find painted black. Hopes this helps for those that don't have the part numbers and want them painted gloss black from the factory without needing to take them to get painted.

The stock Mopar part numbers are 6DX59TZZAB and 6DX58TZZAB for the right and left side. These are the same gloss black lower bezels found on the Jeep SRT with led fog lights. (azwholesalemopar.com usually has some of the best wholesale pricing and who I use when I order oem parts).
Much obliged my guy! Thank you!!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Much obliged my guy! Thank you!!!
Yessssirrrrrr! I'm glad it helps bruh. Love the diamond black, had it on my 17 SRT and loved how sinister it looked. You thought about puttin in the SRT center caps on those satin black 5ten rims?

Just did on mine and got rid of the Jeep caps, looks muuuuch better, the way it should have been from the factory.

If you need the part number, it's 5QW99RXFAA and Jon Anderson at azwholesalemopar.com processes and ships quickly!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yessssirrrrrr! I'm glad it helps bruh. Love the diamond black, had it on my 17 SRT and loved how sinister it looked. You thought about puttin in the SRT center caps on those satin black 5ten rims?

Just did on mine and got rid of the Jeep caps, looks muuuuch better, the way it should have been from the factory.

If you need the part number, it's 5QW99RXFAA and Jon Anderson at azwholesalemopar.com processes and ships quickly!
Bro you’ve made my day!!!! I appreciate the great information!!! How hard was it to pop out the rim caps? Any specific tool required? And as for the fog vent bezels, so just order those, remove front bumper, and replace with the black ones?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)

This is my baby! Not sure if it will let you zoom but this is my spec. Lemme see yours!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Bro you’ve made my day!!!! I appreciate the great information!!! How hard was it to pop out the rim caps? Any specific tool required? And as for the fog vent bezels, so just order those, remove front bumper, and replace with the black ones?
Glad I could help! You're welcome. Actually I had my center caps installed when I had the wheels taken off to be completely ceramic coated along with the calipers, so my detailers were cool and slapped in the SRT center caps by poppin out the Jeep center caps from behind the rim and they put in wheel locking lug nuts I supplied.

From what I've seen though, it seems pretty easy to do with a really small flat head screwdriver (obviously finessing it behind the center cap). I've seen some use a credit card and flat head and others I've seen using trim tool pieces to pop in behind the center cap and once it's behind the center cap they pop out fairly easy.

Nice window sticker! I like everything you added! I'll grab my window sticker in the morning (I'll check and see if I have it on my phone) and post it. My 21 TH came in around $101K and some change though. Pretty much everything you have and the max performance 3 season tires were added to my order though.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Glad I could help! You're welcome. Actually I had my center caps installed when I had the wheels taken off to be completely ceramic coated along with the calipers, so my detailers were cool and slapped in the SRT center caps by poppin out the Jeep center caps from behind the rim and they put in wheel locking lug nuts I supplied.

From what I've seen though, it seems pretty easy to do with a really small flat head screwdriver (obviously finessing it behind the center cap). I've seen some use a credit card and flat head and others I've seen using trim tool pieces to pop in behind the center cap and once it's behind the center cap they pop out fairly easy.

Nice window sticker! I like everything you added! I'll grab my window sticker in the morning (I'll check and see if I have it on my phone) and post it. My 21 TH came in around $101K and some change though. Pretty much everything you have and the max performance 3 season tires were added to my order though.
Good stuff! I knew I should have went with the 3 season tires! How much of a difference do they make compared to the 4 season? And how are they in the rain? Maybe I’ll order a pair.

So you mean to tell me this $101K vehicle I just purchased didn’t come from the factory with wheel locking lug nuts?!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Photograph White Black Font Line
Here we go, found the window sticker, beat up slightly (damn kids find everything and this is why we can't have nice things lol). A few pics of the whip too.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive lighting
Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle Wheel
Wheel Light Plant Hubcap Automotive tire
Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Automotive lighting Car Motor vehicle
Tire Wheel Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Car

1 - 20 of 44 Posts