Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So black was a way better deal and went with it. However the Rhino color is simply awesome and I will always regret it to some degree, having test drove one it's just so unique. If anyone wishes they got a Black trackhawk and currently has Rhino, let's talk soon! :)

I'm also interested in buying another set of OEM wheels, in black HA :) Which leads me here, online forums! I'm looking forward to being a contributing member of the community. I have a lot of learning to catch up on to see what everyone is doing to these things!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I got a pasty white with blk int...not what I wanted but the $$ was right. Also has a cold air 5inch intake system. Abit loud but zoom zoom. Also got a Costco exec card for fuel!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mike - looks like I need to post more to be able to send a private message, but I can read them. Post. Post. Post Post. Post......

I do want a Rhino so whoever buys the next new one swap with me instantly, please. I sold out to saving thousands and having leather interior, was hard to resist. Suppose I could get a Rhino Wrap :)

·
Registered
96 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
These aren't true posts, just comes off as lazy doesn't it. Post 4 :)
So my post is just lazy... You put one of your first posts as New trackhawk owner, wishing I got a Rhino. Well dang son... you should have worked a little harder to find what you were looking for in the first place. But, NO, you come on the forum, whining about not getting a Rhino color. Lazy... all you would have to do is use a little bit of that thing you call a brain to find there are several Rhino color THs available, like the one at Koons Tysons for $78,888.
You come on the forum expressing your opinion but if another forum member expresses their opinion about the fact that they found the TH they were looking for... it's lazy..

But on a more positive note... Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your "pasty" white TH...

·
Registered
157 Posts
Congrats on the new TH. I did wait a long time and found my unicorn (Rhino with all options with low mileage). Since you now have yours, I would not worry about trading for one. Go to a shop and pick a custom color of your choosing for a wrap. It will make your car even more unique and protect the OEM paint. There is someone who did a sick black satin wrap TH.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Congrats on the new TH. I did wait a long time and found my unicorn (Rhino with all options with low mileage). Since you now have yours, I would not worry about trading for one. Go to a shop and pick a custom color of your choosing for a wrap. It will make your car even more unique and protect the OEM paint. There is someone who did a sick black satin wrap TH.
That might offset the dollars he saved by buying white, even though as strange as that is, there shouldn’t be a noticeable price difference just based on colors. There have been more than enough of these sitting on lots, that practically any color can, or at least could’ve recently be had for really good deals. I personally like both whites better than rhino, but the op should’ve looked harder to find exactly what he wanted.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Had to have a catchy title, Rhino is elusive especially based on production numbers I knew it'd be a challenge (and dealers know it too). I probably know the TH market better than anyone in the country at this point. I smile when you say Koons, was all over them and they don't work with you so I they dropped off my radar right away. I'll be happy with $10k in my pocket and know that black the most menacing of colors lol.

I'll send an email when I'm ready to get into another set of stock wheels. The base wheels are starting to grow on me.

My plan is to do nothing but enjoy the TH to get started, no mods yet. Not sure I even need any mods with this puppy :)

I know how forums go, been part of them for other popular vehicles like my toyota supra or trailblazer SS, just having some fun to get started here! This is about as personal of a thread as I'll ever be allowed so may as well be silly!

·
Registered
55 Posts
When I went for a test drive, which led to keeping it, I requested black and Rhino and red were the only colors available. Black is hot. Based on what I’ve read on this forum, and my own experience, your TH satisfaction will be directly proportional to your 0-60, and lack of issues. Enjoy your ride, and may it be one of the “good ones”. E

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Good perspective and thank you. I test drove a Rhino and loved it the second I saw it. Only drawback I could see on the color combo was the blacked out front light 'bar' which black is the only color that would hide it. But still Rhino is so unique in the market and changes color you can't ask for much more than that. In MN black is always dirty black :) I've finally read through the manuals and understand what options are available, looking forward to learning/playing. Interesting reading through the service intervals I didn't see anything about timing belt, perhaps that's an outdated thing to worry about it's probably a chain/double chain on this hellcat motor. I'm also wondering about long term reliability, highest mile TH I've seen so far is 40k miles. I'm someone who likes to do all my own service and recall having supercharged vehicles in the past there may be a bit more to pay attention to....

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Decided to bite bullet and install the front licence plate. Was nice of Jeep to have two dimples already there to make easy work of it. Finally got to drive the thing around a bit and dang it really puts you back in your seat wow. I knew 707hp would feel good and wow, must be the AWD pull that is just shocking. I still have 1475 miles to get Launch enabled I believe so it'll be grandma style for a while yet....

Have also been noticing some of the build quality or lack there of. Rear bumper isn't nice and flush near the rear tail lights appears it didn't 'click' in during assembly, can see the tab a bit. Also noticing the ride heights seem a bit different between LF and RF by maybe .5" (I use the fist in tire well technique to measure, nothing scientific here). Wonder if these are common issues, I haven't wanted to search forums or online for issues at all until I had it in my garage lol.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts