Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just traded in my '15 Jeep SRT for a TH in the Boston area. FCA has shut down order taking for the 2018s but I was able to sneak in one of the last true blues.

Really loved being able to read about all the issues you guys helped them resolve... First year of a new model has always been iffy. Checked out the key fobs and drive modes before I drove off (all red in track mode!). Had to even out the pipes in the back -- never would have thought to check that unless I read about someone else having that issue...

Now I'm dying to get it over the 500 mark.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Congrats on your TH, and welcome to the forum. At mile 501, prepare for big fun.
Post a pix when you get a chance!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't think I have enough posts yet to do attachments, unless I just can't figure out how... Blue seems to be pretty rare, and I don't think its going to be offered in 2019. So far I love the way it changes color depending on the light. Was between that or Rhino.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Welcome! Yeah TB is definitely the most rare color, congrats! :)

·
Registered
594 Posts
What happens at 501? You can do the same at mile 1 as you can at mile 501. Isn’t that an urban legend?
What I was referring to is just the mental "OK" to floor it, once the odo has clicked over to 501.

·
Super Moderator
225 Posts
Welcome from another TrueBlue owner!

Reactions: GoodTimeAndy

·
Super Moderator
2,065 Posts
So, if you follow the break in instructions from FCA, you shouldn’t be flooring it after just 500 miles at least not from a dog. I’m pretty sure the break in period is over 1k miles but the launch control is enabled at mile 501.

Some people say drive it like you stole it so the PCM learns your driving style and some people follow the mfg recommendations. I say it’s your jeep, so drive it like you want to but read the manual so you can at least see what the mfg recommends and base your decision off of that. Just my $.02 though.

·
Registered
695 Posts
What I was referring to is just the mental "OK" to floor it, once the odo has clicked over to 501.
That lasted all of about 5 minutes for me. I went WOT like I stole it and broke that ***** in right away. Maybe that’s why I haven’t had any of the problems that the others have. Whenever you baby something it can get temperamental with you, but I never gave mine the opportunity to. LOL

·
Registered
8 Posts
Same here. Started out doing WOT runs on the test drive with 19 miles on it then taking friends for fast rides. Couldn’t help myself.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm babying it so far. I hear a lot of things, but I spent too much on it to risk damage. The dealer warned me to baby it until 100 miles, and I figure they restricted the launch control for a reason! The SRT owners manual said to baby it, but the TH book doesn't say a word about it. I also remember the days when all new cars came with that warning.

But that PCM learning how you drive thing I've never heard. How's that supposed to work? Not gonna be too happy if I follow the rules only to find out I set the **** thing to drive like a granny.

And thanks for posting all those pics Daniel454! Seeing how great yours looked sealed the deal for me to pick blue.

·
Registered
370 Posts
The owners guide for the 2018 TH is accessed via the user guide on the center info console. There is a section providing FCA / SRT guide lines on the TH engine break in period. The section makes reference to all FCA / SRT engines as the recommendation. With that said the recommended engine break in would be the same for the SRT version and TH version.
The online guide in the TH is rather awkward, since you are not able to access when the TH is moving. I have found that the owners guide for my 2017 SRT and 2018 TH are very similar. I prefer not to sit and idle run my TH or use the ACC/RUN so I have down loaded the 2017 SRT PDF version to my iPad for reference without having to always climb into the TH. (although any reason to climb into the TH is fun)

·
Super Moderator
225 Posts
The 2018 TrackHawk Manual is available in PDF as well from Mopar.com... Its listed for the SRT but its both SRT and TrackHawk, it specifically calls out the 6.2L engine in a few places so while confusing they didn't include the name, its definitely the right one... And yes, break in is the same for SRT or TrackHawk

https://www.mopar.com/moparsvc/tweddle/publications?id=8544

Reactions: Vaako
1 - 15 of 15 Posts