Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from another central Ohio TH owner. I got 2018 Granite with all options but block heater and racing tires. I purchased my TH because of the SUV luxury, not just pedal power. Asides the fact my buddy at work talks to much slam about his ctsv. I put the brakes on that! Im a career electronic technician and have never owned a mopar or jeep or fiat. What interests me the most is this thing called a TIPM. I was going to order the schematic manual on USB but wasn't sure if the schematic covers the internals of the TIPM or not.

Then, I read lil hemis' post- Your jeep should come with the wave program, 4 oil changes and tire rotations (2 per year). Im assuming that's for new original owners only. My TH was purchased used at 8400 miles. So I'm probably outta luck on the freebies.:crying:

So far, Im dissatisfied with the clicking/popping/cracking noise from the rotors, the constantly dirty calipers and the "just empty every pocket" to keep the satellite radio, uconnect and wifi connected. Will the garage door opener work without the wifi activated? Excuse my electronic ignorance, Ive never owned a new car.0:)

Thanks for the great site, lots of useful information on here. Im sure as the years pass, I'll soon know the TH wiring like the back of my hand, but for now its all new.

On other technical sites/forums my handle is usually originalwirehead.

Have a great day!

Attachments

·
Registered
655 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Great looking beast.

I think the garage opener should work without wi-fi. My other cars do.

We look forward to your expertise on electrical stuff.

·
Super Moderator
2,295 Posts
You should at least try for the Wave program, I mean it is free if it applies and oil changes are probably not cheap in this thing (I do my own). Search for the thread driving school, click the link, enter your VIN to see if you qualify for that too. Powerstop brake pads for the dust, there’s threads with the part numbers.

Welcome to the gang

·
Registered
38 Posts
Welcome to the club from northeast Ohio! And like lil hemi said definitely check out the driving school to see if your VIN is eligible. A buddy of mine just bought a CPO 2018 SRT GC with 10k miles and was eligible for the school.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for welcome guys.

I contacted the stealership today and scheduled my 12k oil change and asked about the wave. VIN was not accepted, but I haven't signed up on the wave site either. I'll try that and see what dealer says then.

Im from the far east side of Columbus, Licking County, between Johnstown and Granville.

The V is a worthy car running a chevy motor. we're pushing +5300lbs. Ive never owned a chebby.

I submitted on the Bondurant, but that's pretty far from ohio. Mostly just curious, don't really want to put all those miles on it, but would be a nice vaca. Ive never been to 4 points or vegas.

Sounds like hawkeye33 wants to buy my lunch. My evic says Ive done an 11s 1/4 and 3.0 0-60. Its not accurate huh...

Yea, I researched for 6 months about what I was getting into and ran across the page about the first thing a new owner does is change the brakes! Im a believer. Winter is quickly on us here in Ohio. Through the winter I'll have plenty time for car show prepping and maintenance.

shiny side up!

·
Super Moderator
2,295 Posts
For the driving school, u drive their cars. It’s “free” so manage ur expectations but I thought it was better than I expected for free.

·
Registered
9 Posts
For the rotors clicking, I assume that is when you are turning and at slow speeds. Ive had this issue for a while, bought a new 2018 earlier this year, and still have under 3000 miles. The dealer retorques the rotors for me. The noise usually comes back after a couple months, which is under 1000 miles each time. They even replaced the rotors once under warranty, and the clicking noise still came back. But always goes away when they are retorqued. I think its an issue we will all have to live with.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts