Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Long time Jeep owner who just went broke yesterday May 28th (We Remember) by pulling the trigger on this beast. Buyers remorse until break in but you can tell this is a special ride. It's a lot of freckin money! Had a 1978 CJ5 for 10 years, '95 JGC Limited 5.2 V8 for 15 years, 2016 Hard Rock medium build now as DD. Traded a very nice 2011 Audi Q7 S-Line in for this sleeper. Had an 2005 Audi S4 Avant 4.2 V8 6 speed until 2015 in Germany. Original owner of a '88 E30 M3. All of which have been on the Autobahn of course except the Hard Rock. Looking forward to hearing about the good, bad, maintenance, fun and mods as we may end up taking this whip to Germany soon. I think the only option we didn't get was the rear entertainment system so MSRP is ridicules at 98,910. You can't take it with you! Let the smiles begin! AudiWorld Forum is similar to this one.

Reactions: TrackHawkAdmin

·
Registered
20 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I've spent more than my share of time on various Autobahns (over the past 30 years) running with the fast boys in their super sedans and exotic cars. I'd love to hear what any of them would say when they see a big flying brick with a Jeep emblem on the nose, come flying up on their back bumper...left turn signal on...as in "get outta my way!"

If you get to do that with your TH, we need photos!

Welcome to the forum.

Reactions: jimvanpatten

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hi Jim,

Welcome & congratulations on the new TH!
I love the Laguna leather! It smells good, looks good, and it feels really soft. After break in, your buyer’s remorse should go right away…. Just remember to keep checking your oil level every 500 miles or so. I have 2500 on mine now and I have already had to add a quart of oil. I also installed an oil catch can.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've spent more than my share of time on various Autobahns (over the past 30 years) running with the fast boys in their super sedans and exotic cars. I'd love to hear what any of them would say when they see a big flying brick with a Jeep emblem on the nose, come flying up on their back bumper...left turn signal on...as in "get outta my way!"

If you get to do that with your TH, we need photos!

Welcome to the forum.
Thanks. Hope things work out to do what you indicated. Looking at your past rids, noticed you had a CJ with a 401. That's what I put in my '78 CJ5 back in the day.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks. Hope things work out to do what you indicated. Looking at your past rids, noticed you had a CJ with a 401. That's what I put in my '78 CJ5 back in the day.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I loved that Jeep with the 401. It was a rock crawler as well as a haul-asser. Full floating rear suspension. 4.11 gears, 5-speed.

Dynoed at 422 hp, with roller cam, Holley 750, magneto, side exiting pipes. Great engine. 401s are under-appreciated by most folks.

It was amazing off road, but was a real handful above about 70 mph on the highway. A friend dared me to top out the 100 mph speedometer, which it did without even breathing hard. But we sure were. S-c-a-r-y.

I lived in rural Texas at the time, and no one would've found us for days if we'd crashed out on that desolate two-lane.
Good times.

What mods did you do to yours?

Reactions: jimvanpatten

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
401 from a Javelin, bored over .0030, pistons, Eldebrock cam, lifters and high rise, 650 Holley double pumper spread bore, Hooker fender well headers etc. Did a frame off restoration. Should have done the drive train like you. It would do 110 mph before you knew it but was squirrelly and unsafe up there. Someone offered me an amount I couldn't refuse after ordering my '88 M3.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Very cool looking Jeep! Yes, I can believe it hauled azz.

Mine was orange. Need to try and find some pix. I sold it 10 years ago.

A CJ with way too much horsepower & torque really launches hard in 4x4 mode. I beat quite a few hot Camaros and Mustangs in street races from stoplight to stoplight.

Sort of reminds me of another Jeep we all know and love.
Except that the TH will run deep into the triple digits without its driver needing a change of underwear afterward.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts