Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went thru the 6 pages here and also did a couple of searches so I think this hasn't been covered.

My air bag light came on yesterday (the person sitting in a seat with a big red ball in their lap - just above the speedo) and about the same time I think none of the controls on the steering wheel work - horn, radio channels and volume, dashboard selection, cruise, phone and shift paddles.

Phone and radio work fine using the controls on the radio head.

Any ideas on a quick fix? I HATE bringing it to my local dealer (which I didn't buy it from) and I'm sure it will be covered under warranty especially with the horn and air bags being safety items.

Better not tell me it's because I have a carbon fiber Hellhawk emblem stuck on covering the JEEP logo:(

Comments?

BTW, the lights and wipers work OK.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Went thru the 6 pages here and also did a couple of searches so I think this hasn't been covered.

My air bag light came on yesterday (the person sitting in a seat with a big red ball in their lap - just above the speedo) and about the same time I think none of the controls on the steering wheel work - horn, radio channels and volume, dashboard selection, cruise, phone and shift paddles.

Any ideas on a quick fix? I HATE bringing it to my local dealer (which I didn't buy it from) and I'm sure it will be covered under warranty especially with the horn and air bags being safety items.

Better not tell me it's because I have a carbon fiber Hellhawk emblem stuck on covering the JEEP logo:(

Comments?

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Try this for fixing the issue:

1 - Check fuses box, there are several, main is located right side into the engine compartiment

2 - Check the ECU via OBD with any portable diagnostic. I have an IcarSoft CR PRO but almost anyone is worth it and so you get the DTCs readings, that will give clues as to whether it is related to another main error (cause) or is loose isolated fail.

3 - if it is isolated DTC, it is 99% likely that there is a loose wire. Especially if you have changed any part like seat, steering wheel even cleaning and touching a wire ... check the wiring under the steering wheel because there is something that has come loose.

Reactions: Inkbj77

·
Registered
4 Posts

Comments?

Thanks guys.
Hi,

I bought my Trackhawk last August and right off I had the same thing happen out of the showroom. They immediately looked at it and told me a module needed replacing. I had to wait about a week for the module to come in. After they replaced it, all of the things that you are experiencing (and that I had equally experienced), stopped. Everything is now working fine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts