Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Use radiator filler neck to berp\bleed it. This guy does it pretty good. The stuff that he has is what I used. You can usually buy it at your local auto parts store, they should have it, if not buy it on Amazon.

No Spill Kit - https://amzn.to/36qqFPy
OK that works!....I've done that method before and I think I have that somewhere. Just wasn't sure that there was a different method with this engine.

Thx for all of the help and tips! Your posts with the fluid changes as well were super helpful!
Much appreciated!

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
OK that works!....I've done that method before and I think I have that somewhere. Just wasn't sure that there was a different method with this engine.

Thx for all of the help and tips! Your posts with the fluid changes as well were super helpful!
Much appreciated!
Nope, no different method, filler neck is the highest point. Dealers use some sort of vacumme system to pull the air out, but who has that. I used this method on my SRT and now TH, never had any issues, cooling as it should. Due few drives and monitor your coolant temp gauge and you should be fine.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I was quoted around 250 to have a 180 degree thermostat installed. Is it worth it on a stock Trackhawk?
NO. These aftermarket stats seem to last as long as an oil change.

Keep a spares and change with oil.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I was quoted around 250 to have a 180 degree thermostat installed. Is it worth it on a stock Trackhawk?
15 degree drop. If thats worth it to you than do it. If you got the money, sure why not. Stock is completely fine, since the car was made with it. Thermostat is good if you're doing heavy mods, such as adding 100+ HP. I did it because I got nothing else to do.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Chill. No need for jokes.
Wasn't a JOKE.
They fail more often than the factory temp. I've been running the 180 in different brands for a few yrs now and have replaced more than my share along with a lot of other people.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Wasn't a JOKE.
They fail more often than the factory temp. I've been running the 180 in different brands for a few yrs now and have replaced more than my share along with a lot of other people.
Ok, I guess its hard to know what you were saying in writing. True aftermarket thermomstat do fail, but I think it all depends on what brand you pick, in my opinion.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I've been thru every brand, all hit and miss for some reason. I've learned to keep a spare close by.

Reactions: Zar_Trackhawk

·
Registered
52 Posts
I tried a 180 thermostat here in AZ and threw a code almost immediately for the temp not getting high enough quick enough. Tried that for a week and gave up. I dropped in a 192 and haven’t had any codes since. I did try to get an unlocked PCM and tune it out, but I can’t get rid of the P100 code for PCM loss of communication. Diablo isn’t sure either why I get that. My typical luck though…..

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
I tried a 180 thermostat here in AZ and threw a code almost immediately for the temp not getting high enough quick enough. Tried that for a week and gave up. I dropped in a 192 and haven’t had any codes since. I did try to get an unlocked PCM and tune it out, but I can’t get rid of the P100 code for PCM loss of communication. Diablo isn’t sure either why I get that. My typical luck though…..
First time I hear that 180 throws a code, there must be some other issue you're having. "temp not getting high enough quick enough" - your car runs like every other TH, unless when you get in the car and you start flooring it without properly getting your engine up to temp. Is your TH stock? was it tuned previously?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Yeah, it’s stock with a stock tune. It doesn’t have any issues. I tried driving easy, driving hard, but got the same code day in and day out. This was winter in AZ, so not super cold, but still not worth putting up with the CEL popping up daily. After all this I decided I’d try to tune it out, but my Unlocked PCM must be bad because it throws the communication code P600 and 601 error codes regardless of how many times I try to clear the code. Battery was fully disconnected during the install. I’ve tried installing it 4 times with no luck. Diablo says they’ve never seen that so I’m not sure.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts