Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious if anyone has any experience using something like these, putting test pipes on my TH and do not want to mess with tuning it. Either going to take a spin with these or just ride out the CEL. I have the kooks catback which is just too quiet for my taste.

It wont let me post links due to my post count, but I found some from a few different places. Bigdaddiesgarage dot com has different variants

·
Super Moderator
1,420 Posts
so they make something to turn off the CEL you get after adding headers? I only knew about turning it off in the PCM interesting though never heard of that.
long ago a CEL would come up if you lowered an Escalade with the air ride they made something to trick it so I can see this also.

·
Super Moderator
2,289 Posts
I guess my question is why would you want to do this? Seems like a big expense for little gain. Headers aren’t going to give you much, especially on a stock setup. I’m guessing you’re looking at 2k for headers and this thing PLUS install. I know headers are like the first thing people like to do to V8’s but you might want to do more research on this particular platform before dropping that kinda coin. Just what I’ve seen people saying on here for the last two years.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Start by cutting out the resonators if more sound is all you are after.

Gets loud real quick if you do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, appreciate you all looking out but I am not doing headers. Don't know where that came from. I replaced the catted midpipes off the head with catless test pipes.

Essentially its just a "L" shaped intermediary that screws into where the O2 sensor is, and the sensor plugs into that instead. Spoofs the CEL, instead of having the flash on the PCM that a tuner would do. Guys use them on other brands to remove the cell/not mess with warranty.

·
Super Moderator
2,289 Posts
Oh, just assumed headers because there is some power to be gained but not much. So, still have the same question though. Seems like an expensive thing just to run no cats without any gains in power. You just anti cat or you buy it without cats already?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Some dude had a lightly used set of test pipes, and I wasn't happy with how quiet my Kooks exhaust was. figured worth a shot. Honestly it sounds meaner than **** which is excellent, but I left the heads alone because I just came from a fairly modified GT-R and was looking forward to riding out the remainder of some warranty.

·
Registered
582 Posts
O2 spacers have worked in the past for me, had to use some steel wool, but it got me past emissions inspection. It wasn’t on this platform though, so not sure what will and won’t work for the 6.2.

Cheap enough to give it a try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts