Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought this would be easy considering it's only 4 bolts and then nothing but hangers that hold this thing on.

Couldn't get either of the front 2, rear hangers by the axle to "pop". I even have the exhaust hanger tool too and used soapy water. Nothing.

Then, how in the hell do you get to the hangers at the rear, that are all the way up and inside the **** bumper?!

Whoever picked these hanger locations, that can't unbolt, needs 2 chops to the throat.

·
Super Moderator
2,295 Posts
Lol. I’m pretty sure I unbolted the rear hangers from the jeep and they came off with the exhaust. Going back in was easier though. I can’t remember if I put in the hangers before the new exhaust or just the reverse of when I pulled it out. Also, I’d suggest some pb or wd-40 with the straw on it so you can shoot it into the rubber part better.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I couldn't see anywhere that woulda showed the rear-most hangers can unbolt. Looked like they were part of the body.

Reinstall is always the easiest part.

It just seemed that the bulge on the hanger is WAY bigger than what can fit through the rubber hanger. I know, that's how it's designed, but I mean, it's WAY bigger. This isn't the first exhaust I've done either (put one on the Raptor yesterday, before starting on the 'Hawk). The hanger tool I was using was **** near bending trying to separate the 2 hangers.

·
Super Moderator
2,295 Posts
I think I used a ratcheting wrench to undo the bolts from the side. Reach up in there and see if you can’t feel a nut or bolt. I wanna say 15mm but could be smaller

·
Super Moderator
2,295 Posts
I think I used an 18” ratchet extension and a flathead to pry mine off but I definitely remember unbolting the very rear hangers on both sides first and that I couldn’t fit a socket on it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts