Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We now have on the shelf ready to ship our TrackHawk cold air intakes.

Starting with a massive 6 inch inlet tube connecting to an offset air filter for more clearance under the air box to try and shield as much hot engine air off of the inlet under the air box. Black matte wrinkle finish with our name etched in it. Grabbing cold air from under the hood notice the inlet. During testing on the S975 package we have seen up to 30hp gains from the stock air box to the Livernois Motorsports cold air kit.

If you have any questions or need help on anything do not hesitate to call text e-mail or send a message

Sincerely
Scott
Office 313-561-5500 ext 122
Cell 313-213-0273
e-mail [email protected]

Attachments

333 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where is this product found on the Livernois web site for details, price, install instructions, etc... ?
Hey Vaako hope all is well.

This product has yet to be released so it is not on our website. We are launching the release at Sema wright now and have an introductory price of $399.99 plus shipping. The instructions are out at sema but it is a pretty straight forward install. We have installed four of them here at the shop on some install packages. This is a 6 inch tube powder coated black wrinkle finish with a massive high flow filter on the end of it with the enclosed box.

Hope this helps if need anymore pics have any questions or want to order one feel free to call.

Sincerely Scott

333 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is the box portion sealed to keep out heat or is it just a top piece that covers the filter? Also what are expected iat temp drops or hp gains alone.
So far the ones we have put on have been on the S1025 and S975 packages here at the shop. On these packages we have seen peak HP gains of 40 WHP over the stock air box with these CAI over the stock air box. We have a box that covers it not just a top lid.

·
Registered
26 Posts
HP to dollars

So far the ones we have put on have been on the S1025 and S975 packages here at the shop. On these packages we have seen peak HP gains of 40 WHP over the stock air box with these CAI over the stock air box. We have a box that covers it not just a top lid.
That is some very inexpensive horsepower eh.

DDave

·
Registered
312 Posts
Scott,

So those “40” WHP gains should only be expected with one of your “tuned” packages and not a stock Trackhawk, correct??
Also I would like to see some better pictures of a CAI that has not been installed, so I can see the entire box.
I am currently comparing Livernois to JLT for price point, ease of installation.

Thanks

333 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
do you offer one for a 2019 track hawk
Good afternoon sir. We have not had a 2019 in yet for testing but when we do I will be able to answer your question. To my knowledge nothing changed on that side so it should fit on a 2019. Are you local to us we are located in Dearborn Heights Mi. maybe you could bring the 2019 by.

Thank you for the interest in our products/services

Sincerely
Scott

·
Registered
48 Posts
I believe you had previously indicated that you were attempting to take advantage of the lower opening in the front fascia to fabricate a ram air snorkel upstream of the filter. Is this still a possibility?

·
Registered
42 Posts
I would love to see some more pictures of the filter itself, the side of the box and clearance around the intake tube. The intake moves quite a bit on WOT. I'd like to also see how it is braced. That would be super helpful. Thanks so much!

·
Registered
267 Posts
looked on the website, the information in limited, same with the pictures, would be nice to see the pieces pre assembly to get an idea of what the system actually consists of. Also I see there is a plastic hood support plastic piece that is removed with this kit, looks like a good idea, however seems to me like that could allow water right into the filter in heavy rains or driving behind someone who hits a massive puddle (normal here in the pnw). anyway I'm also comparing JLT, DDR(real cf), and This kit.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Livernois CAI Questions...?

I know this has already been asked, but I have not seen any answers.

Are there any pictures available of the Livernois CAI components before installation?

Is there a pre-filter sock available that will fit over the filter? From what I can tell the filter looks oblong…

Does the filter only come in one color?

What are your thoughts about applying DynaLiner (a variant of DynaMat) to the inside of the heat shield box to add an additional thermo barrier from the hot engine bay? If there is enough room inside the box, I was thinking of applying ½” thick DynaLiner.

Thank you, & Happy New Year!

·
Registered
411 Posts
Scott, any testing done on a bone stock Trackhawk? I recognize this would be a smaller number of consumers, as most go with one of your more modded packages. But I'm curious as to real-life gains with a stock TH...tuned or not, but no other mods. I can certainly see the value of something like this on one of your modded THs that can take advantage of additional airflow potential.

Thx.

333 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Are there any pictures available of the Livernois CAI components before installation?

Is there a pre-filter sock available that will fit over the filter? From what I can tell the filter looks oblong…

What are your thoughts about applying DynaLiner (a variant of DynaMat) to the inside of the heat shield box to add an additional thermo barrier from the hot engine bay? If there is enough room inside the box, I was thinking of applying ½” thick DynaLiner.

I am working with my guys in marketing to get some pics of the CAI apart and all the individual components so you guys can see what you are working with.

I have not got any pre filter manufacturers to fit this filter as of yet. Yes the filter is oblong.

The Dynaliner or Dynamat in teory would help to try and keep heat out I just do not know how it would do in the extreme heat under the hood. I know that stuff works great as a sound deadner for lining trunks and doors but extreme under hood temps may not be good for that stuff. There is room in the box for it though.

Thank you for the interest in Livernois Motorsports along with all our products and services.

Sincerely
Scott

333 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
WA 2 Fast

On a stock TrackHawk we tested stock vs our CAI and it picked up a little bit I for surely will not tell you 30 plus hp but 12 which for stock we thought was not bad. So for a single mod on a stock TrackHawk it's not bad. Also the sound you get from the blower is phenomenal every one has been very pleased with the sound. This is also a great mod that will just be an eccentric to future later mods.

Hope this helps

Sincerely
Scott

·
Registered
411 Posts
WA 2 Fast

On a stock TrackHawk we tested stock vs our CAI and it picked up a little bit I for surely will not tell you 30 plus hp but 12 which for stock we thought was not bad. So for a single mod on a stock TrackHawk it's not bad. Also the sound you get from the blower is phenomenal every one has been very pleased with the sound. This is also a great mod that will just be an eccentric to future later mods.

Hope this helps

Sincerely
Scott
Yes, this is great, honest and not overstated, information. Thank you for the open-book assessment of what you've found on a stocker. Some companies try to take one hero run on the dyno and tell the world that's going to be true for every single run in every single vehicle out there...which is not true 99% of the time. I understand very well its going to be even more important with your S900-1025 packages... no doubt there. And 12whp isn't shabby at all on an otherwise bone-stock TH.

Again, thank you for taking the time to answer my question!

333 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Scott, any testing done on a bone stock Trackhawk? I recognize this would be a smaller number of consumers, as most go with one of your more modded packages. But I'm curious as to real-life gains with a stock TH...tuned or not, but no other mods. I can certainly see the value of something like this on one of your modded THs that can take advantage of additional airflow potential.

Thx.
Yes, this is great, honest and not overstated, information. Thank you for the open-book assessment of what you've found on a stocker. Some companies try to take one hero run on the dyno and tell the world that's going to be true for every single run in every single vehicle out there...which is not true 99% of the time. I understand very well its going to be even more important with your S900-1025 packages... no doubt there. And 12whp isn't shabby at all on an otherwise bone-stock TH.

Again, thank you for taking the time to answer my question!

WA 2 Fast you are more than welcome.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts