Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2018 ivory tri coat trackhawk
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious if anyone knows why none of the catch can kits out there come with a setup for both passenger and driver side valve covers. I have the livernios setup on mine. I used to have 2018 F150 with the 3.5 ecoboost and I had the mishimoto setup on that. All the F150 kits came with setups for passenger and driver side valve covers. Just wondering why all the hawk setups are passenger side only. Thanks in advance for any info on this

·
Registered
446 Posts
I know most Ford V8 people do it and I am not sure why. On our engines, the fresh air flows through the engine from the driver side valve cover and is expelled on the passenger side valve cover. That is where you install the catch can so it doesn't go back into the intake. Older systems before PCV was introduced used to be vented to atmosphere before EPA regs changed decades ago.

Reactions: TrapHawk007

·
Registered
2018 ivory tri coat trackhawk
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I’m in my 50’s, I had all that old school stuff on my Camaro back in the way back. It was easy back then. Build a nice motor for cheap money and tune your Holley. We always just had breathers on the valve covers. It was nothing to change heads and a cam and be back up and running in four or five hours. I’m a tech guy at a local circle track and those guys all run the breathers on the left and run a closed valve cover on the right side because of the centrifugal force. Some guys run an evac system. No forced induction there though

1 - 4 of 4 Posts