Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When did you do your first oil change? I know what the manual says, and what I have been told....but some feel changing after the first 1,000 miles is still a good idea, others just say its a waste of $$. Is there a consensus on this or any real study? I have 700 miles on my 19 now. Still factory oil...

·
Registered
318 Posts
I think your first 4 oil changes are free along with 4 tire rotations. I did mine at 4k miles. Dont forget to ask them to drain the oil cooler. That is a part of the trackhawk hellcat oil change requirement.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I did mine soon as I got it home from the dealer. Over 4000 miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
212 Posts
I did mine after 500 miles... Its just what ive done with every one of my new motors... its nice to make sure there isnt metal in the oil and such... But, its deff becoming not the norm. I tried to get a 500 mile oil change on my raptor, and they denied me.... (From my free oil changes) So i just paid for one extra... Deff seems to just be wasting money... But its worth it for my peace of mind lol

·
Registered
582 Posts
I changed it when the indicator told me too, which was probably near 5k miles. I don't think you can wrong with changing at 1k miles, or even 500, but i generally operate under the opinion this isn't an aftermarket engine assembled in an aftermarket garage, so the break-in oil change at 500 miles isn't a "necessity".

·
Banned
362 Posts
I change mine (oil and filter) every 5k miles. I been doing that for decades now on all my cars and absolutely no problems. Oil life gauges are usually still in the 25 to 30% range at 5k miles. Also, it's easy to keep up with when to change. 5k, 10k, 15k, etc.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I have the oil changed every 6 months per the manual regardless of mileage. Both cars are very low mileage and will probably stay that way since we are both retired. I had the dealer drop the factory oil and do a change as part of my deals, both on the 17 SRT and 18 TH and still kept the 2 years worth of free oil changes.

·
Super Moderator
2,296 Posts
Your jeep should come with the wave program, 4 oil changes and tire rotations (2 per year). I’m not sure if this program exists outside of the US.

·
Banned
362 Posts
Your jeep should come with the wave program, 4 oil changes and tire rotations (2 per year). I’m not sure if this program exists outside of the US.
I'm aware of the program but I much prefer to do my own, especially since the nearest dealership is a full hour drive away. (2 hour round trip). Funny thing though, out of the 4 new Jeeps I've bought in the last 4 years, not a single dealer has mentioned the program to me. And none has mentioned the free racing school either.

·
Super Moderator
2,296 Posts
Yeah, I haven’t been using much of it either. I did a post about the school if you’re interested, it has the link and you enter your VIN to determine if you’re eligible.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I changed it when the indicator told me too, which was probably near 5k miles. I don't think you can wrong with changing at 1k miles, or even 500, but i generally operate under the opinion this isn't an aftermarket engine assembled in an aftermarket garage, so the break-in oil change at 500 miles isn't a "necessity".

My thoughts exactly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
500. Then again at 2000. You can google this. Most race cars and high HP motors are recommended to do the same. Your making sure any shavings or fine metals, that hopefully are not there anyways, are removed. Your thinking "no way". Ask any GEN 5 Viper guys that didn't do this and scorched they bearings due to this happening.... And honestly, What's an extra oil change or 2 just in case for peace of mind! And now if I ever sell it, those will be on the carfax since I did at the dealer on my free changes!!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Yeah, I haven’t been using much of it either. I did a post about the school if you’re interested, it has the link and you enter your VIN to determine if you’re eligible.

I couldn't find anything on a free racing class in the search.....

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm not aware of any such program in Canada... I am told I only get the first oil change free...

Also, my dealer told me its ok to have the first oil change at 5000km (3000 miles).

So far I've driven around 2500km (1500 miles) and I already noticed the oil level is slightly below the L level. When I bought it new (200km) it was at the F level.

This thing sure burn lots of oil... just make sure to check the oil level regularly... and trying to find this Pennzoil 0W40 SRT in Canada is a pain...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts