Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
81 - 86 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
An access hole for the oil cooler was cut out on my 2018 by the original owner and no cover plate installed. It definitely makes draining the oil cooler very easy.

I've not added a cover plate to the oil cooler access hole as I feel there is no need since there is a much larger access hole open below the oil pan. JMO

·
Registered
231 Posts
Yup it does I read it back in 2018 and that’s why I decided to make the cut out cause it calls for removing the fascia to get to the oil cooler and that’s a pia and then you need the plastic rivets to reinstall

·
Registered
13 Posts
So I completed the mod this morning. Super easy. It would have taken me more time to remove the lower panel than to complete this mod.

I used a dremel tool with this bit. It cut through the plastic like butter.

Thanks to all that contributed. I made mine just a little different. I used the bumper bolt as an anchor. Having the modded cover tucked in under the bumper cover and other side there was no need for a pushpin. Just one bolt to remove and it slides out for easy access to the oil cooler.

Road surface Asphalt Office supplies Bottle Monochrome photography Automotive tire Font Bumper Gas Automotive wheel system Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Tread Tire Electric blue Musical instrument accessory Composite material Font Carbon Hood Automotive tire Grille Automotive exterior Bumper

·
Registered
370 Posts
Nicely done. Now you just need the EZ oil drain valve.

81 - 86 of 86 Posts