Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

Oil cooler Door

3019 Views 29 Replies 12 Participants Last post by  RSchristensen
Anyone know someone who makes a clean oil cooler drain plug door that you can bolt on. I'd like to cut access to my drain plug and use something clean to cover it up. OR if you have a CNC I'd like to buy one.
21 - 30 of 30 Posts
Sending message. I email Richard but never heard back. No online store to buy from?
No online store, he’ll get back to you, not his main income.
Reactions: 1
Well finally installed the oil cooler door and Ez valves. The oil pan bolt was stripped out, so I had to use a extractor. Also whoever had this car before me used a **** AC Delco oil filter that's half the size as the SRT one. The jeep took 7 3/4 quarts of the good stuff to fill it up.
Hand Fluid Wood Finger Electric blue
Tire Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Vehicle
Hand Wood Automotive tire Gas Thumb
Hood Automotive tire Automotive exterior Motor vehicle Rim
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Grey
Hood Automotive tire Automotive exterior Motor vehicle Rim
Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive design
Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Hood Wheel
See less See more
Since I had the bumper cover off, I used a Fumoto F107SX quick drain, rotated it pointing straight down. Attached an included straight nipple (not the 90 deg pictured) and a piece of clear vinyl tubing. Drilled a 5/8" hole to pass the tubing through and done.

I can open the oil cooler drain valve reaching through the oil filter/oil pan access opening in the belly pan. No need to cut/have an access hole or cover.

Microphone Font Payment card Audio equipment Electric blue

Wood Toy Hardwood Wood stain Varnish

Tire Automotive tire Wheel Tread Hood

Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Bumper Bicycle fork

Tire Vehicle Wheel Car Hood
See less See more
Since I had the bumper cover off, I used a Fumoto F107SX quick drain, rotated it pointing straight down. Attached an included straight nipple (not the 90 deg pictured) and a piece of clear vinyl tubing. Drilled a 5/8" hole to pass the tubing through and done.

I can open the oil cooler drain valve reaching through the oil filter/oil pan access opening in the belly pan. No need to cut/have an access hole or cover.

View attachment 11995

View attachment 11996

View attachment 11997

View attachment 11998

View attachment 11999
How big of a pain in the ass is it removing the bumper? I might have future work to do.
How big of a pain in the ass is it removing the bumper? I might have future work to do.
It is more scary to think about than actually to do it. Mine was a little more work as I had to remove my front splitter from the bumper before actually removing the bumper cover.

So not difficult and requires only basic hand tools to remove the bumper, however I wouldn't remove it just for the oil cooler drain. Rather I combined the oil cooler project when I had to remove the bumper for my supercharger interchiller project.

A bumper removal would also be a good time to install a SRT LED lower grill logo, bumper LED light, remote radar detector sensor or swap out the headlights for ones that have different color daytime running lights while it is off.
Agree looks a lot better. And it is really proffisonelly machined and Richard was very easy to do business with and he even gave me a refund of some unfortunate customs fees.
Can higly recommend his work.
Will post a new picture when it's on the car.
View attachment 11244
Can someone tell the contact information to get one of these?

Much appreciated 🙏
I think his email and name is in this thread somewhere, he's on Facebook to.
No online store, he’ll get back to you, not his main income.
What's his email?
21 - 30 of 30 Posts