Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wondering what everyones engine Oil pressure is?

Mine hovers usually at 70 psi during cruising. goes up to 80 on WOT, and down to mid 60s if its Hot and idling.

seems high but its been pretty consistent as the dealership has overfilled my oil, and also my engine has some consumption (just hit 7k so maybe it'll get better) but basically my psi has remained nearly the same no matter the oil level.

·
Banned
362 Posts
My oil pressures seem to run about the same as yours under similar conditions.

The first few oil changes I noticed (and was a little worried) about what seemed to be some oil consumption. (I didn't really measure it, but I'm guessing it was using at least 1/2 qt or more between the first few changes.) The next few changes there seemed to be less and less being used. I just changed it again today and didn't notice any oil loss. (Zero)

Heck at this rate, it will be making oil pretty soon. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My oil pressures seem to run about the same as yours under similar conditions.

The first few oil changes I noticed (and was a little worried) about what seemed to be some oil consumption. (I didn't really measure it, but I'm guessing it was using at least 1/2 qt or more between the first few changes.) The next few changes there seemed to be less and less being used. I just changed it again today and didn't notice any oil loss. (Zero)

Heck at this rate, it will be making oil pretty soon. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Thats great to hear, both about the consumption and oil pressure. also want to add that in PARK when HOT and idling it'll usually drop down to the high 40s.

·
Super Moderator
2,289 Posts
Can’t say I’ve paid attention to the oil pressure numbers on full throttle runs but I see 50-70psi normally, even when the dealership overfilled me by 1 quart.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks guys I was seriously worrying about this. I love this forum. I noticed mine was really low today ate a whole quart and still needed more.

·
Banned
391 Posts
Is there even an oil pressure sensor on these engines?
On my Ram 1500 there's an algorithm that comes up with a (often fake) number. Same with my Ram 3500.

There's one that turns on the low pressure light on those two, but it has nothing to do with any gauge readings.
A Trackhawk may very well be the same.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I burn a quart about every 3500 to 5000 miles. Oil pressure 35-70...but hangs a bit higher on the low side when I know the oil is topped out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts