Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had the dealer chaneg my oil and of course it looks over filled. I bought it back and am being told that all of the hellcats show slightly over on the stick. Has anyone heard of this? Regardless, what are the types of pressures some of you guys that KNOW you have the correct amount of oil in? Mine is 36ish at idle, 70 at fast cruise and 80ish when I hammer it.

·
Super Moderator
2,289 Posts
$100 says they didn’t do the oil cooler. Call them out on that nonsense! They’re saying that the dipstick isn’t accurate??? How pathetic. My dealership overfilled mine too, I made them change it again and this time I watched them to make sure.

Ask them if you should call jeep and get a case started about your defective dipstick and see what they say

·
Super Moderator
2,289 Posts
But to answer your question, I didn’t see any difference in oil pressures and yours are inline with mine.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
$100 says they didn’t do the oil cooler. Call them out on that nonsense! They’re saying that the dipstick isn’t accurate??? How pathetic. My dealership overfilled mine too, I made them change it again and this time I watched them to make sure.

Ask them if you should call jeep and get a case started about your defective dipstick and see what they say
They admitted to this and claimed the amount of oil in the cooler was negligible. Honestly as long as the pressures are in line I really do not think 1/2 quart is going to do any harm. If it does, I brought it to there attention. I am definitely not keeping this vehicle past warranty

·
Super Moderator
2,289 Posts
Well, if they’re not going to drain ALL of the oil out, then don’t put in ALL of the oil specified. I would make them do it again and drain the oil cooler this time. I seriously doubt I’ll bother with it unless I rig up something easy when I do my own changes but it’s the principle of the matter. They’re manufacturer certified to work on these things, they should do things by the book.

·
Super Moderator
2,289 Posts
Well, if they’re not going to drain ALL of the oil out, then don’t put in ALL of the oil specified. I would make them do it again and drain the oil cooler this time. I seriously doubt I’ll bother with it unless I rig up something easy when I do my own changes but it’s the principle of the matter. They’re manufacturer certified to work on these things, they should do things by the book.

·
Registered
55 Posts
My Jeep dealer had an issue with overfill, and I advised the service writer in advance. FCA specs are 8.4 quarts, but based on what I’ve read on this forum, 7.4 quarts may be the magic number. I think it has to do with the fact that a Jeep Wave oil change does not include dropping the supercharger which holds at least a pint, and the dealer doesn’t wait for 100% of the old oil to drain.

Even admonition was unsuccessful in preventing an overfill, and I was the first 7:30 customer, I don’t know how many THs were made, but you would imagine at least one tech at every dealer would be well versed with this forum - especially oil changes. I wasn’t out till 9:30. I would not be comfortable driving with the level above the high mark on the dipstick since it wasn’t high when I biught the vehicle, and the Wave partial oil change does not include the supercharger oil. Ask them to drain it. You can always top it off. Thank you. Eric

1 - 7 of 7 Posts