·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings from Houston,
Just test drove a TH and fell in love.
Need some advice:
Should I buy new, buy used or wait for the new model of grand Cherokee
Do you think the new model will have a TH trim level?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
120 Posts
New TH won't be out until 2023 or so. All the years are the same, the only difference is the center bezel on the 20s.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Greetings from Houston,
Just test drove a TH and fell in love.
Need some advice:
Should I buy new, buy used or wait for the new model of grand Cherokee
Do you think the new model will have a TH trim level?
Thanks in advance.
Buy whichever one you feel offers the most for the best price. I wouldn't wait as these Hellcat engines will soon be unavailable. Get it, enjoy it and save it as they will be worth a lot more in the coming years.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Buy whichever one you feel offers the most for the best price. I wouldn't wait as these Hellcat engines will soon be unavailable. Get it, enjoy it and save it as they will be worth a lot more in the coming years.
Great advice
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
1,364 Posts
I am with this post. I read somewhere that Forbes had the TH as number 9 on the collectable list. if you think about all the crazy Lambos etc thats pretty good number 9. I wonder what the Demon is? I always wanted a Demon just to keep it. I personally think it will be worth big bucks down the line.

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
New TH won't be out until 2023 or so. All the years are the same, the only difference is the center bezel on the 20s.
Stellanis said that the way of the 6.2 is "short lived" after quitting final production of Durango Hellcat. 2021 TH's are going out now in shipment, and production is underway. If you don't get it this year, you may not get a new Trackhawk. BTW, I noticed a $1,000 price increase in the build since February.

·
Registered
22 Posts
It's ...one the ultimate niche vehicles. Truly a fun SUV to drive. Don't know about Houston or Texas in general, but they are hard to find in NC.

If I were in your situation, I'd look for a 2018 Used (they're out there) with low miles. 2018 was the highest production year...sooo, you might save several 10s of thousands on purchase. But, these are weird trucks...people (dealers, etc) get selfish with the price these days it seems.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I looked and looked for a used one with the options I (actually the wife) wanted. They are not easy to find, and when you do the asking prices are crazy. 2018's are going for nearly $80K and it really doesn't seem to matter what options or year. A new one without sunroof, leather and such can be ordered for high 80's so I think that's the way to go. now 8+ weeks in. I am wondering if we will ever see it.

·
Super Moderator
1,364 Posts
I looked and looked for a used one with the options I (actually the wife) wanted. They are not easy to find, and when you do the asking prices are crazy. 2018's are going for nearly $80K and it really doesn't seem to matter what options or year. A new one without sunroof, leather and such can be ordered for high 80's so I think that's the way to go. now 8+ weeks in. I am wondering if we will ever see it.
you want one stripped for high 80s or a used fully loaded with extras for 85K and 10-12K miles? ( in my case I have over 30K in extras.)
If you dont need or want the options or extras then get new one. Me personally I will not give up the comforts I like just so I can have a TH. the big ass sunroof is awesome I use it a lot but If I was gonna use this for drag racing I wouldnt want he sunroof. just depends what you want.

·
Registered
27 Posts
you want one stripped for high 80s or a used fully loaded with extras for 85K and 10-12K miles? ( in my case I have over 30K in extras.)
If you dont need or want the options or extras then get new one. Me personally I will not give up the comforts I like just so I can have a TH. the big ass sunroof is awesome I use it a lot but If I was gonna use this for drag racing I wouldnt want he sunroof. just depends what you want.
I am not giving up options "so I can have a Trackhawk". I did not want a sunroof, nor leather. I like the standard SRT "suede" or whatever your call it. I've had it in my 09Challenger, My Hellcat Charger, and current SRT GC. I wanted High performance audio. period. Adding every option to a 21 comes to about $11,000 so not sure how you add 30K. I would have gone with the grey wheels rather than black, but they are not an option for 21. Stripped is not an issue as everything except leather, black hood or roof, towing (I have a 2500 Limited for my that!), and rear DVD is standard.
Wife also wanted the Velvet Red and the VAST majority of units out there are black white or silver.

This is the first time I have ordered a new car in years and even then only a time or two. I will travel to find what I want, but not going to the the other side of the country to get a car with a bunch of stuff I don't want. If it was local it would not be a dealbreaker, though I would negotiate much of it away.

I also am not that trusting of performance cars. Many if them are very much garage queens, then there are the ones that have been beat on and then the owners return them to stock and trade or sell. There was a Hellcat at a local dealer when I was shopping that anyone in the online community knew the history of yet the dealer had it with no disclosures. That said, my SRT GC was used with no abuse at all.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I agree, wouldn't want one stripped down to be honest. I really didn't care for a sunroof or not but I had to have the HK audio and the leather package for sure as the interior is just not the same without it. The whole inside is just basic textured plastic with the standard "suede" seat package, where as the leather package is so much more special and luxurious as it covers most all panels you see and touch with leather. Plus the smell is wonderful each time you enter the Jeep.

I say don't settle for less if you can hold out and find the right deal for a loaded one.

·
Super Moderator
1,364 Posts
I am not giving up options "so I can have a Trackhawk". I did not want a sunroof, nor leather. I like the standard SRT "suede" or whatever your call it. I've had it in my 09Challenger, My Hellcat Charger, and current SRT GC. I wanted High performance audio. period. Adding every option to a 21 comes to about $11,000 so not sure how you add 30K. I would have gone with the grey wheels rather than black, but they are not an option for 21. Stripped is not an issue as everything except leather, black hood or roof, towing (I have a 2500 Limited for my that!), and rear DVD is standard.
Wife also wanted the Velvet Red and the VAST majority of units out there are black white or silver.

This is the first time I have ordered a new car in years and even then only a time or two. I will travel to find what I want, but not going to the the other side of the country to get a car with a bunch of stuff I don't want. If it was local it would not be a dealbreaker, though I would negotiate much of it away.

I also am not that trusting of performance cars. Many if them are very much garage queens, then there are the ones that have been beat on and then the owners return them to stock and trade or sell. There was a Hellcat at a local dealer when I was shopping that anyone in the online community knew the history of yet the dealer had it with no disclosures. That said, my SRT GC was used with no abuse at all.
30K in extras not options. extras are wheels tires - performance junk - etc etc.

·
Registered
27 Posts
30K in extras not options. extras are wheels tires - performance junk - etc etc.
Gotcha! Been there, done that. Very hard to get what you put in extras back at any level. I am considering selling my 09 Challenger SRT8 with only 22K miles, built 426, E-Force, RPM tranny, DSS drive line including 9” along with CCW wheels, new tires(Pilot Super Sports, including original Alcoas, Drag slicks and skinnies on CCW rims, and a ton of extras, but I have almost no hope of getting much of a premium. It’s just the nature of this game. If the car were stock it would actually be much simpler to sell.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I agree, wouldn't want one stripped down to be honest. I really didn't care for a sunroof or not but I had to have the HK audio and the leather package for sure as the interior is just not the same without it. The whole inside is just basic textured plastic with the standard "suede" seat package, where as the leather package is so much more special and luxurious as it covers most all panels you see and touch with leather. Plus the smell is wonderful each time you enter the Jeep.

I say don't settle for less if you can hold out and find the right deal for a loaded one.
I don’t consider it settling. I live in the extreme heat and prefer the softer material. If the wife wanted the plushy interior she would still have her Range Rover. The Jeep interior is pretty low brow by comparison to that one, but we still prefer it. The base Trackhawk interior is pretty similar to our 14 SRT except without the cheesy fake Carbon Fiber panels that peel loose anyway. It is surprising how the interior has been improved over time while still seeming nearly the same.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I am not giving up options "so I can have a Trackhawk". I did not want a sunroof, nor leather. I like the standard SRT "suede" or whatever your call it.
I would have gone with the grey wheels rather than black, but they are not an option for 21.
You're basically describing mine, except for the "high performance audio".

·
Registered
325 Posts
IMHO the HK radio upgrade wasn't worth it. I had to add and change it to suit me anyway.
It probably would've been cheaper and easier with the base level.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Your Still Selling? Give him your price.
I dont think you will get the high end audio with out the sun roof etc
Would you believe that I still haven't made my mind up about selling?
Just thought it was ironic that what I have listed here for sale is almost exactly what Bayou Tiger has been looking for.

As the weather improves, it does look less likely that I'll sell. While bought specifically for driving during the winter, now a year later it hasn't even been driven in rain yet. On hard packed snow on the driveway, yes, but not on wet roads.

·
Super Moderator
1,364 Posts
I do believe you . I want to sell mine everyday until I get in and drive it. then I dont want to as much. maybe one day I will really put it up for sale who knows
You do have exactly what hes looking for and that color is bad ass.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Ha, ha, so I'm not the only one then. When it just sits there it's nice to look at, but driving it is a whole lot of fun.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts