Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Would you believe that I still haven't made my mind up about selling?
Just thought it was ironic that what I have listed here for sale is almost exactly what Bayou Tiger has been looking for.

As the weather improves, it does look less likely that I'll sell. While bought specifically for driving during the winter, now a year later it hasn't even been driven in rain yet. On hard packed snow on the driveway, yes, but not on wet roads.

View attachment 9003

Pretty much on point. For whatever reason all the VR's seem to be way up north. The Trackhawk will be the wife's DD so it'll get driven in the rain, drag dogs to the vet and do the grocery gettin'. Basically we had a HC Charger and she has a GC DD, but since I traded the Charger (that she loved) for a Porsche, and bought a new Ram 2500 it was certainly her turn, thus she gets to merge the Charger and GC! Still a lot of days that we miss the Charger was just a beautiful car!

Her's is supposedly in transit, so hopefully it'll be here soon. Was hoping it would make it in time for the Texas Mile, but not to be.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Hmm, Hellcats, Porsches, Trackhawks, and Rams. Sounds like your family uses the same family recipe as we do.

·
Super Moderator
1,364 Posts
Pretty much on point. For whatever reason all the VR's seem to be way up north. The Trackhawk will be the wife's DD so it'll get driven in the rain, drag dogs to the vet and do the grocery gettin'. Basically we had a HC Charger and she has a GC DD, but since I traded the Charger (that she loved) for a Porsche, and bought a new Ram 2500 it was certainly her turn, thus she gets to merge the Charger and GC! Still a lot of days that we miss the Charger was just a beautiful car!

Her's is supposedly in transit, so hopefully it'll be here soon. Was hoping it would make it in time for the Texas Mile, but not to be.

View attachment 9013 View attachment 9014
That Charger is bad ass. I love these wheels they make copy's for TH just didn't fit how I wanted or I would of got them. They look great on Charger. Red Eye or normal?
you still have it? if so get the same wheels for the SRT.
I just seen my first Wide body Charger Red Eye it looked mean real mean. I wish I was rich so I could have all these cars I like. lol

·
Registered
27 Posts
That Charger is bad ass. I love these wheels they make copy's for TH just didn't fit how I wanted or I would of got them. They look great on Charger. Red Eye or normal?
you still have it? if so get the same wheels for the SRT.
I just seen my first Wide body Charger Red Eye it looked mean real mean. I wish I was rich so I could have all these cars I like. lol
It was just a basic Hellcat, The wife had a bad blowout and trashed one of the rears so I did the Reproductions an inch wider and put some meat on the back. The redeye came out later and I am not big on the widebodies. For one thing they are a PITA to put in a trailer as there is less that a half inch to the wells.

The Charger got traded for this. Basically my 60th birthday present. Still have an 09 Challenger that we beat on pretty good. We actually get pretty full use of all of them.

·
Super Moderator
1,364 Posts
not a bad present lol all I got was a pair of shorts and a SCAR 16s for my Bday. I would think the Charger is more "fun" to drive but the P car is better at track.

·
Registered
27 Posts
not a bad present lol all I got was a pair of shorts and a SCAR 16s for my Bday. I would think the Charger is more "fun" to drive but the P car is better at track.
Not even close, the Cayman is glued to the road and can be tossed like anything. The Charger suffers from Hellcat syndrome. It’s fast as hell but overpowers the tires at every launch. But it is one helluva cruiser! You would be amazed at how practical the Cayman is.

·
Registered
343 Posts
You would be amazed at how practical the Cayman is.
I dunno about practical, but my girlfriend's Cayman is her favorite car. She likes it better than her 911, even.
But for practical, she uses her Trackhawk.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I dunno about practical, but my girlfriend's Cayman is her favorite car. She likes it better than her 911, even.
But for practical, she uses her Trackhawk.
I chose the Cayman over the 911. Just so much fun Without absolutely breaking the bank. Add that I lo9ve road course track days much more than straight line....except the Mile, but the Mile is all about the event and friends.

·
Registered
343 Posts
You'd think that a car costing about 2.5 times more would be infinitely better than the Cayman, but you're not the first one I've heard saying the the Cayman is their preference. More like the third or forth.

·
Registered
27 Posts
You'd think that a car costing about 2.5 times more would be infinitely better than the Cayman, but you're not the first one I've heard saying the the Cayman is their preference. More like the third or forth.
Depends on what you want. If you want to go toss it around the track, I’ll take the Cayman, and the 718 with it’s Suburu like sound at that. If you want the old school prestige then get a 911. Most of the guys I know with 911’s baby them.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Subaru sound. Wish you hadn't written that, and I will never forget it. But it's funny.

In theory, the Cayman was supposed to be her beater car, but it's not in reality. She drives it much more often than she does the 911, but then again, she always comments on how nice the 911 is when she comes home after driving it.

Also, If there was a way to fit smaller wheels on a Cayman GT3, she'd trade the 911 for one.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Subaru sound. Wish you hadn't written that, and I will never forget it. But it's funny.

In theory, the Cayman was supposed to be her beater car, but it's not in reality. She drives it much more often than she does the 911, but then again, she always comments on how nice the 911 is when she comes home after driving it.

Also, If there was a way to fit smaller wheels on a Cayman GT3, she'd trade the 911 for one.
GT4 actually, but it does share a lot of suspension parts with the GT3. I almost got one (also hard to come by used) but it is a lot more hardcore than the GTS. It’s lower and the seats are much harder. Also a stick which is great, but the PDK is so awesome and the manual has really weird ratios that make it not so much fun around town.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Also a stick which is great, but the PDK is so awesome and the manual has really weird ratios that make it not so much fun around town.
Would you believe that the stick is one reason, and a big one, she really likes hers?
Then again, luckily we don't have to deal with any "around town" driving, so that could be part of it.

And now you made me wonder if it a 3 or a 4 she's lusting for. Either way, 18s won't fit even on the S, and that has kept her from getting anything else...so far.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Would you believe that the stick is one reason, and a big one, she really likes hers?
Then again, luckily we don't have to deal with any "around town" driving, so that could be part of it.

And now you made me wonder if it a 3 or a 4 she's lusting for. Either way, 18s won't fit even on the S, and that has kept her from getting anything else...so far.
GT3 is the 911 track car, The Cayman is GT4. The stick is a blest, no doubt, but with the flat 6 cars, you have to get it up to 4000 to make it sing and the gearing is such that you are doing 70-80 in second gear. I was always a stick guy until my old age. My wife prefers the manual as well.

·
Super Moderator
1,364 Posts

Smaller wheels? like rims and tires? curious why smaller?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Smaller wheels? like rims and tires? curious why smaller?
Yeah, whenever possible, we like to use the smallest diameter wheel that fits, and gain a bit of sidewall.
The roads aren't perfect around here, so when regularly doing 80-100 mph a pot hole isn't always easy to spot, and miss. Plus, the ride quality improves.

Went from 21s on her first Macan S to 18s, used the same wheels and tires on her second one, and the Cayman also got 18s (came with 19s or 20s). She'd drive the 911 more if it was possible to decrease the wheel size on it.

I'd really like to downsize the Trackhawk's wheels, too, but as you know, that doesn't work, either. On the other hand, they could probably accommodate taller tires, which would help the gearing a bit.

·
Super Moderator
1,364 Posts
oh yes for bigger tires. Damn the roads that bad? do you mind me asking where you live? I think you guys need a TRX or a Raptor.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Compared to Michigan, for example, our roads here in the Rockies are excellent. But that doesn't mean they're free from pot holes, especially now in the spring.

But now that you brought it up - in a couple of weeks I'm heading to Utah to pick up her TRX.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I do believe you . I want to sell mine everyday until I get in and drive it. then I dont want to as much. maybe one day I will really put it up for sale who knows
And the plot thickens. Just got offered $86.5K by a dealer. That's more than MSRP new, as I recall, which I didn't have to pay. Hmmm.

21 - 40 of 56 Posts