Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just joined today so I'm not sure if this is where I should be posting this.. Anyways, I just left my local speedshop and ordered these things:
1- Catch Can from Billet
2- JLT cia
3- Eibach Pro-Kit lowering springs
4- Borla Atak Exhaust
5- Custom Colorshift Headlight DRLS- SRT Flow grill light
6- 3m Green satin chrome vinyl wrap
7- 20% window tint w/ windshield

Does anyone else recommend anything that I should do right away? I'm pretty new to the car world.

·
Super Moderator
1,001 Posts
just like other post I dont know what number 5 is? Id love to see the wrap color sounds crazy.
other then wheels you have all the basic mods Stock wheels are a lot better then most I still had to swap wheels as anyone can pull up at light and look just like you.
are you going to mod for power?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I posted wrap/lights on other thread. I definitely want to swap wheels, just waiting for my wrap to be done first to kinda have a vision haha corny I know. Also not sure on size yet. I need to do something about the brake dust and rotor clicking though!

I want to mod for power but will prolly wait till next summer.

·
Super Moderator
1,001 Posts
Not a bad idea waiting until wrap is done. That color is crazy post a picture after you get it please.
brake dust lol yes we all hate that. Have you searched here we have a few threads on the subject. they all lead to buying power stop pads I forget the number. I have them also and dust is gone. I do not think they will work as good as stock pads but I can not tell the difference and I do not use the brakes a lot to know if they fade or anything weird just normal driving they work. Rotor clicking not sure why or what thats from?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Rotor clicking have wheels re torqued, 1st thing I would do.
First time I noticed it last month - dealership tightened the left, but had to order annew rotor because the right was bad or something? After they did everything, it was fine for a week and now it's already clicking again, worse than before.

ROCKETW19- Awesome, thank you very much. I'll be sure to search the threads about the power stop pads.

·
Registered
7 Posts
First time I noticed it last month - dealership tightened the left, but had to order annew rotor because the right was bad or something? After they did everything, it was fine for a week and now it's already clicking again, worse than before.

ROCKETW19- Awesome, thank you very much. I'll be sure to search the threads about the power stop pads.
Regarding the Rotors clicking. I had this issue too. Dealer retorqued rotors a couple times, would always solve the issue for a month or so. Finally they replaced the rotors, had to retorque once and all has been good for at least a year now.

There is a youtube video I found not long ago that mentions not to retorque the rotors, but to clean instead. Its a hellcat, but similar 2 piece brembo set up.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks so much everyone! I appreciate all the info.

Regarding the Rotors clicking. I had this issue too. Dealer retorqued rotors a couple times, would always solve the issue for a month or so. Finally they replaced the rotors, had to retorque once and all has been good for at least a year now.

There is a youtube video I found not long ago that mentions not to retorque the rotors, but to clean instead. Its a hellcat, but similar 2 piece brembo set up.

Hmm, that's interesting. I haven't had mine re torqued since the replacement rotor, so I think I'm going to try this first.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts