Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Planning on ordering another trackhawk. I plan to go with Billet Silver, black roof( like this option!), pano, stereo, red belts, and tow. I had sting grey but just didn’t love that color.

Any reason to hold off? Rumors of a red eye sound interesting but Im not willing to pay “even” more for a grand Cherokee. Thought I’d put that out there to get thoughts.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just received my 2020 hawk and it came in with some many flaws it was crazy. I traded in my 2018 hawk maybe I should have kept that one instead. I had to take it to my friends autobody shop to have everything fixed since the dealer couldn’t seem to help me

·
Registered
51 Posts
I just received my 2020 hawk and it came in with some many flaws it was crazy. I traded in my 2018 hawk maybe I should have kept that one instead. I had to take it to my friends autobody shop to have everything fixed since the dealer couldn’t seem to help me
What was wrong with it? What made you wanna trade your 2018 for the 2020? Just curious.

·
Super Moderator
2,515 Posts
Nah, they just stuck it on crooked, tailpipes too. The stick on flares rubbed the paint off where the rear door closes, oil filter loose and leaking, defect in leather dash etc. lots of defects for 100k vehicle. The worst part is how crappy the dealerships are around me. Just completely inept.

·
Registered
53 Posts
My understanding was the TH went through an additional drive/inspection before leaving factory. Am I imagining that? These issue like a crooked steering wheel should be caught and fixed.

·
Registered
685 Posts
My 2018 TH had a sticker on the side window saying that it received a special QC check and test drive. Mine has been great, no problems at all. The only QC problem they missed was that the right side tailpipe tip wasn't lined properly up...but I fixed that easily.

Has the QC been getting worse in 2019s and 2020s? Usually, a company gets the bugs worked out of the system in later years.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Well...I have been through the plant - all Trackhawks are "supposed" to go through a special QC check at the end of the line, then a road test, before being shipped. Regular GC and Durangos go straight to shipping from the end of the line. But...humans do the final checks and they are only as good as the person checking them. You can report your VIN to them and they can tell which employee did the checks on that vehicle. There may be a pattern and an employee who needs more training.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Sorry for late response, my 2018 was leased and I wanted to start fresh with a new one and buy this one so I can do motor & body work. They drilled in my front bumper plate which I asked them not to then they ripped the bumper off and it never lined back up to the front fenders without there being a gap where you could see the tabs. It was missing clips in the rear door fender skirts and the tail pipes where about 3/4” off. Also looked like someone peeled tape off my rear bumper and it left a mark. Took the Jeep to a friends auto body shop and the dealer covered the the bill which was very respectable of them considering this is the 3rd Jeep I’ve bought from them since 2016.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts