Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We recently had a Trackhawk in for some extensive testing.
Initial testing covered in this post involved a completely stock Trackhawk followed by OST Dyno custom PCM tuning.

Stay tuned for future posts where we will cover the results of our testing with:
1. The Hellraiser 2.72
2. OST Level 1 package
3. OST Level 2 package

All tuning was performed using 93 octane.

We have been selling, installing and tuning our 6.2 Hemi modification packages since 2015 with excellent results. We have also been selling these same packages for Trackhawks to shops and customers since early 2018. https://ostdyno.com/hellcat-performance/

We were fortunate enough to have a customer willing to drop off his Trackhawk for a week so that we could individually test each of our packages in-depth on this platform. We have been remote tuning Trackhawks around the globe for almost a year but have not had this opportunity to take one individual vehicle and apply all of our packages to have an accurate basis for results. This is the same strategy we previously used on our shop Hellcat which has allowed us to develop highly accurate PCM and TCM tuning packages used on 100's of Hellcats and Demons around the world.

Step 1:
Our first tests were to establish a baseline for this completely stock Trackhawk.

Step 2:
We then applied the OST Dyno PCM and TCM tuning to the completely stock Trackhawk.

Added bonus:
With our Mustang AWD dyno we are also able to perform 1/4 mile testing.
In 2wd mode the test results from our dyno for 1/4 mile pulls are generally within .1 - including cars as quick as 8 seconds in the 1/4.
In 4wd mode all the vehicles we have attempted 1/4 mile tests with were too powerful to secure to the dyno for accurate test results (i.e. 1400+ crank HP). The 1/4 mile results are unverified until we test this Trackhawk in the Spring when our local tracks open.

We did use the Performance Pages to record results in our 1/4 mile testing. The ET's displayed were always .2 or more quicker than what the dyno was showing. We have been informed by remote tuning customers that run their Trackhawks at the drag strip that the Performance Pages results are generally within .05-.1 but have not verified this personally.

Our initial test results in stock form are as follows: (dyno graphs below)
1. Stock
- All Wheel HP = 553
- 1/4 mile ET on the dyno = 11.85
- 1/4 mile ET on Performance Pages = 11.6

2. Stock w/OST Dyno PCM and TCM Tuning
- All Wheel HP = 622 (60+ AWHP gain)
- 1/4 mile ET on the dyno = 11.6
- 1/4 mile ET on Performance Pages = 11.4

Test Subject:

Stock Dyno Graph:

Stock Vs. OST PCM and TCM tune:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Looking forward to seeing the rest of the results!

·
Registered
412 Posts
Thank you for posting details, including the dyno pull overlay. From what I can see, it appears there are solid gains over stock through the 6100 OEM rev-limit, and then even more gains once the rev-limiter is bumped to 6500+. 60rwhp gain with nothing more than a tune is excellent.

This may seem very obvious, but I have to ask anyway... in your testing over the many years of these HC engines, are you extremely confident in durability/reliability of the drivetrain when spinning it that hard?

Second question... is this PCM and TCM tune ready to be shipped out via your HP Tuner interface? :)

Reactions: Daniel454

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for posting details, including the dyno pull overlay. From what I can see, it appears there are solid gains over stock through the 6100 OEM rev-limit, and then even more gains once the rev-limiter is bumped to 6500+. 60rwhp gain with nothing more than a tune is excellent.
Yes it is but please don't get to wrapped up in the dyno numbers. What really counts is how the vehicle performs through the entire RPM range, in each gear, as well as driveability and of course, the 60' time for those who drag race.

This may seem very obvious, but I have to ask anyway... in your testing over the many years of these HC engines, are you extremely confident in durability/reliability of the drivetrain when spinning it that hard?
For the Hellcats and Demons it is not unusual for us to spin them to 7000. Our shop Hellcat along with many of our local and remote tuning customers are doing the same. Our Hellcat has been set up to shift like this (7000+rpm) for two seasons of racing almost every weekend and there have not been any drivetrain issues. Stock engine, stock trans, stock rear gear, stock axles, stock exhaust w/CAT's, stock airbox, 1.37 60' [email protected]

Now the Trackhawks are still somewhat uncharted territory. I only have half a dozen of these shifting at 6700+ and so far no issues.

Second question... is this PCM and TCM tune ready to be shipped out via your HP Tuner interface? :)
Absolutely and have had this service available since the Trackhawks hit the market.
Here's a link to our website's remote tuning page: https://ostdyno.com/tuning-options/remote-tuning-options/

·
Registered
412 Posts
Thanks Mike... and I agree wholeheartedly about peak dyno #s. It's all about gains "under the curve." I appreciate the honest advice and disclosure.

Glad to hear 6500rpm isn't a radical move for the drivetrain!

·
Registered
75 Posts
I've had my car tuned by Mike over the last few weeks. I have a reasonably unique Trackhawk with a Demon supercharger and an OST Dyno demon spec camshaft. I also have an interchiller, LMI and GT Haus exhaust. That is the extent of my engine modifications. I'm still on stock pulleys and make around 14-14.5 lbs of boost.

Bear in mind it's peak summer here and a rough DA of 1900 ft but here is a GPS verified run from the other night. Also, this is on 22" forged wheels. Mike and I are confident once I switch to some 20" MT drag radials I'll shave another couple of tenths off. Get some decent air and I should be nailing times below 10.5x. All this on stock pulleys.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,296 Posts
Get it man!!! Your definitely not taking the cheapest route but sometimes it’s about the journey. That should definitely be a rare set of mods as well.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Not sure how many Trackhawks are out in the wild in the Pittsburgh area, but I think I've seen that one around in the South Hills. I'll definitely be sure not to test him if I see it around town again!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Mike, super interested in your results - do you already have the tests and results done for the further mods?

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mike, super interested in your results - do you already have the tests and results done for the further mods?
Yes, we have the test results for all of these mods. This Trackhawk was completed last month and delivered to the customer. I do not have the ability to update my original post so I will either add the next test to this thread or start another thread. I'm not sure which makes more sense.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts