Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Threw my very first OBD-II trouble code yesterday in my TH's... The vehicle had been sitting for about a week (which is unusual for my TH) and it was pretty cold and damp outside. I remote started the car and when I got in it a few minutes later I saw the CEL. WTF! I drove it and everything seems to operate normal... Checked the code and it said "Cold Start Ignition Timing Performance"... Anyway, cleared the code with my handy dandy OBD-II scanner. Restarted it a few times, waited overnight and drove it again the next day and code still hasn't popped back up.

Just curious, anyone else seen this, or any other codes for that matter, that didn't come back after simply clearing?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Threw my very first OBD-II trouble code yesterday in my TH's... The vehicle had been sitting for about a week (which is unusual for my TH) and it was pretty cold and damp outside. I remote started the car and when I got in it a few minutes later I saw the CEL. WTF! I drove it and everything seems to operate normal... Checked the code and it said "Cold Start Ignition Timing Performance"... Anyway, cleared the code with my handy dandy OBD-II scanner. Restarted it a few times, waited overnight and drove it again the next day and code still hasn't popped back up.

Just curious, anyone else seen this, or any other codes for that matter, that didn't come back after simply clearing?
I just had the same issue about a month ago when it got cold out, I cleared it and it never came back.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts