Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
I second Lil Hemi, that needs to be addressed soon or it could get out of control.

·
Super Moderator
1,443 Posts
goto dealer asap. if that flakes off there is no proof something didnt hit it. paint is crazy it could be rust it could be something landed there just before paint. on my hood a drop of sweat landed and a perfect bubble came up. I thought rust also but no air could get in there so wasnt rust

·
Registered
99 Posts
I just notice this on the front of my hood and it looks like rust build up under the paint. I live in California in a dry climate area. anyone else having this problem
Yeah that isn't right, warranty claim for sure. I live in NH and drove my TH through the winter last year and they salt the s**t out of the roads up here and I have no issues anywhere.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK just a quick update for you guys on my paint on the hood. It took FCA a month to approve the repair and goes in to the dealer tomorrow 2/3/2020 it will be fully covered but the dealership will not give me a rental for the repair time, which is 3 days. does this sound right to you guys?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the hood is aluminum so it can not rust. My brother in law is a automotive painter thinks it is contamination on the surface before the paint was applied, because the surface wasn't prepped well enough before applying the paint. But IDK I am not an expert

·
Registered
66 Posts
Definitely prep before paint. A buddy of mine had the same problem, he let it get worse and Jeep ended up giving him a new hood! And yes, it is aluminum.
Buddy

·
Registered
408 Posts
My paint issue came back after it was repainted. I took it back to the dealer and they ordered a new hood and will have a body shop paint it when it comes in
I have that on mine - just thought it was my PPF but looking at yours it's identical so I guess I need to repair my paint. Did they say what the cause was from the 1st time you took it in?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Well, this is now a problem for me as well. Jeep has already ordered me a new hood and even allowed my own body shop to do the work. He just had to accept what Jeep would pay to paint and install the hood.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I recently noticed the paint bubbling on the leading edge of the hood. The vehicle hasn't seen much salt or rain for that matter. I talked to my detail guy and it is a known FCA issue apparently. The Jeepgarage forum has some more discussion about it. I stopped at the dealer today and he said it will be repaired under the 5 year corrosion warranty (2018 model year). The ceramic and PPF replacement cost will be submitted and tbd if they will pay for that also.

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
I just notice this on the front of my hood and it looks like rust build up under the paint. I live in California in a dry climate area. anyone else having this problem
I have a rust bubble spot on my 2018 that I missed when I bought it used in December 2020. The spot is about the size of a half dollar on the left front of my hood. Warranty would probably cover it but I bought the demon hood instead.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts