Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all, I jumped into my Jeep after my mother in law returned from a trip in it (easiest way to put break-in miles on it :p ) and I noticed that the passenger seat had water on it. When I looked up I saw that the sunglass holder had water beaded on it. I wiped the water off after I got over my disappointment and started her up to go down the street to a Walgreens. When I got to Walgreens it wasn't raining that hard anymore but the water had collected once more :crying: . I am wondering if this has happened to anyone else in the community?!?

The only reason I am semi reluctant to go straight to the dealer is because my mother in law said she accidentally hit the moon roof button to try and turn off off the interior lights (why were they randomly on?!? makes me think that water was already through the seal and shorted something,turning them on), but immediately closed it. When I got in I made sure it was fully closed and it was, so I would like the community's opinion!

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Although I haven't seen or located the drain holes I am sure they are there. Could you have debris in them (either from the environment or from the factory)?

If you feel it had something to do with her opening the roof you can always run the garden hose to test out the theory.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just ran the garden hose and found that it did NOT leak. I'll have to wait for the next big rain storm to validate that it was the mother in law and not the seal :p I'll report back to close this one out!

·
Registered
695 Posts
Just ran the garden hose and found that it did NOT leak. I'll have to wait for the next big rain storm to validate that it was the mother in law and not the seal :p I'll report back to close this one out!
Of course it’s the mother in law. It’s a brand new Jeep, there’s nothing wrong with the sunroof. You asked her to break it in for you, well what did you expect? :surprise:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts