Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just like the title says, after putting my newly unlocked PCM back in, I have pedal position sensor errors. I assume the position sensor needs a relearn. I've found a procedure searching the google where you disconnect battery (to clear memory) and then turn car to ON (but not start) and the push pedal down and then back up slowly and it relearns. Is this legit or is there a different way?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's not an option. I need to drive this thing nearly 4.5 hrs to be tuned...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, it's unlocked for Diablo, but not tuned yet. The '21 PCMs are not available for swap so I had to send mine out to be unlocked, then I'm driving up to Barth to get modified/tuned in a few weeks. I sent them a message but figured I'd try and get a jump on the answer before they start work for the day.

·
Super Moderator
2,246 Posts
Wait, you just sent it off to be unlocked and got it back? I’m not sure if you need to load the stock tune or not.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hemituner Performance, contracted by Barth. The way I understood it is the put whatever was there, back on it and at that point it's just unlocked, but should perform as stock pcm. Maybe I'm mistaken.

·
Super Moderator
2,246 Posts
Ah, ok. I don’t know Diablo so I’d call Barth. You should have a Diablo device that you plug into the OBD2 so you can load tunes and check codes and such.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Is it throwing a CEL? Can you clear this code from the Diablo ( I use this also). When I got my PCM back from Diablo unlocked it threw a CEL when I started my truck, but code was clearable from the hand tuner. You can also call Diablo for trouble shooting they have tech's for support. I this creating message your getting creating an issue with your ability to drive it ?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I do not currently have the Trinity that will eventually be tied to the truck after Barth has tuned it. Assuming that won't happen until it's tuned (3-4 weeks, and a 4.5 hr drive away).

It has set a CEL, and I do have a Trinity from my 'cat that I can throw on it and clear code, but I have not done so yet till I have a more definitive answer on direction. I haven't tried to drive it due to the messaging, it does appear to be in some sort of limp mode however based on rev response in park.... but again, I haven't done much to fully diagnose its status.

·
Registered
303 Posts
You know the code so it can be addressed if need be. Although is the trinity married to the current PCM in the car? if so clear the code. limp mode will go away, and monitor to see if the code throws again. My guess is it wont.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
P2122 and P2127 are the ones on the dash.... don't know what might be underneath that needs scan tool to find.

No tool is currently married to car. The trinity I have is married to my Charger, but I think it will still scan ODBII and clear codes.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I would contact who whomever unlocked it. Maybe they can answer your question as to why it set codes. You have time in case they need to redo it. Never used a Diablo since HPTuners is my choice, but the Trinity you already have may be able to perform the pedal calibration without marrying it to the TH.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I cleared memory with battery off for a day. The P2122 and P2127 were cleared. The CEL remained. Drove it around block, everything seemed normal. Hooked Trinity up to it and the CEL was U1400 I believe and was something about TPS signal was improbable. Cleared that with the Trinity. Started car back up and no codes and everything seemed normal.

Sort of a false alarm really. I guess after PCM has been unlocked the TPS settings are gone and it just needed to realign itself with reality. Save for the U1400 that it stored and needed to be cleared, nothing special was required.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts